Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Remember - :(

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:05 AM
  • 169 Replies
When I was little (around 4) my mom would take us to the babysitters. I remember how we weren't allowed to drink our milk until we ate all of our food. No drinks at all until then.

I remember how I was always the last one done eating. How if you finished your food, you could leave the table. I was always alone in the kitchen.

I remember being alone, eating Chef Boyardee ravioli. I was so thirsty, so I snuck a drink of milk. I had been sitting there so long that my milk was warm. I gagged on it and threw up in my bowl. I remember my babysitter coming in. When I told her what happened, she said I was lying. I remember how she made me eat it anyway. :(

I didn't eat ravioli until I was 15 years old. My boyfriend's mother made it (fried) and I didn't want to be rude. It was good, but I'll NEVER eat canned ravioli again, nor make my kids eat it. For a long time I had to put ice in my milk. If it was not ice cold, I would gag. :( I still keep my fridge super cold for my milk.

Funny how little things spell out how you will do something for the rest of your life.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mandahoney
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:08 AM

I cant eat peas because my 1st grade teacher made me clean my plate during lunch.  I tried to tell her I was full but she wouldnt listen...so I threw up on my plate.  She never made me clean my plate again.

lnr187
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this

that's terrible of your mom and babysitter :(

melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:09 AM

When I was little I disliked peaches, when I went to kindergarten the bitch of a lunch lady would not let you throw anything on your tray away, you had to eat it if she thought you did not eat enough.  She made me eat these nasty, slimey canned peaches, I threw up on the table.  To this day I cannot eat canned fruit and you cannot get me to touch a peach.  I probably would have grown to like peaches but there is not a chance in hell now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:11 AM

I had a babysitter that did that too. I remember being so thirsty and feeling horrible. She also gave me baths and would poor water over my head without warning. I hope no one treats my dd that way and if they do she tells me so I can stop it.

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:12 AM
My DH won't eat canned peaches either.

Once I bet him on a game of foosball that if I won he had to eat a can of peaches. He annihilated me. LOL

Quoting melakay1981:

When I was little I disliked peaches, when I went to kindergarten the bitch of a lunch lady would not let you throw anything on your tray away, you had to eat it if she thought you did not eat enough.  She made me eat these nasty, slimey canned peaches, I threw up on the table.  To this day I cannot eat canned fruit and you cannot get me to touch a peach.  I probably would have grown to like peaches but there is not a chance in hell now.

2blessed2bitch
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Why her mom?

Quoting lnr187:

that's terrible of your mom and babysitter :(

allycally
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:13 AM
:(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:14 AM

I can't tolerate Cheerios for that very reason.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:14 AM

My parents did that with milk, too. I had to drink it no matter what. We had a disgusting house with roaches and one fell in my glass. I started crying and they made me drink it. My dad picked it out of the cup. I was so grossed out. I am almost 30 and don't drink milk period ever.

macysmom
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:14 AM
I accidently put too much ketchup on my plate when I was about 4, and my dad made me eat it all with a spoon. I hate ketchup now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN