Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

at last the economy has hit us...help! :(

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
So my dhs awesome new job just layed off pretty much anyone thats been there less then a year.

:(

Were already behind on bills from me being on bedrest/maternity leave

I already called my work and told them to if theres any call ins to call me first.

Dh and i both are going to the plasma clinic in the morning

Weve started craigslisting things.

Were calling in the morning to cancel netflix and internet...after one last night of movie marathons

Then spending the weeking applying everywhere

We can use any and all tips on supplementing income

Also i have an account set up that automaticly takes 200$ a month out of my pay check into a savings account i cant touch and they give me s check for the balance. Would it be wiser to continue this account or stop it so we have the extra 200$ each month

Called to Cancel home internet and netflix today. They shut it off in a couple days they talked me into finishing off the billing cycle. My dd is going to be pissed but she needs to seriously cut down on the screen time anyway.

Any ideas for indoor winter activities?

I calculated it out and between dh and i we spend about 150$ a month on soda! Thats crazy! Time start liking water. Or finding cheaper pop
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:06 AM
Yes. We were already looking at downgrading though. You are right with the proof of income though

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't sell the house THAT quickly.  Didn't your husband just lose his job today?  I would give it a month to see if he can find another job at least.  You'll want the proof of income for your new house.

kissesxoxo8882
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:07 AM

it would depend on how much you need the money if you see you need it that much stop the automatic deposit

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I would like to know what job the mom just had magically lined up for her that she could start instantly in the "mr mom" song while her dh looked for a job after getting laid off
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:08 AM
1 mom liked this
File for unemployment asap, and yes stop that 200.
NiceMom06
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:08 AM
you can't sell plasma
if you are nursing. Go to WIC and see all extra jewelry and clothes and good luck
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jebekarue
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:18 AM

I totally understand where u are coming from, I have been out of work since Sept 1.  Around here they have jobs listed but noone seems to be hiring, or I hear oh we would love to hire you but we can't pay you what you are worth.  I have been to the temp agencies and no response.  I call them every week to let them know i am available.

Coupons, sale ads and I would stop the 200 until you get back on your feet.  We have been lucky because my Dad has helped fill in the gaps when we need it, but I sure hate calling him.

I went on one interview, he said company policy to post the ad but they probably wouldn't actually hire until after new years when they found out how much obamacare was going to affect the company.  Still no word from them. 

Ya'll are in my prayers, hopefully something will come up soon.  One other thing I would wait to sell the house, kinda hard to buy another when u are out of work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:37 AM
Howd u know i was nursing

Quoting NiceMom06:

you can't sell plasma

if you are nursing. Go to WIC and see all extra jewelry and clothes and good luck
Grumpylilpixy
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:40 AM

It hit here about a year ago... It sucks. Jobs are far ,few and inbetween.

Mashnut3161
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:45 AM

what state do you live in?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:48 AM
I just got hired on with 1800 flowers. I'm not sure where you live but it is a work at home job making $10 an hour. They are only hiring in about 6 states.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN