Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My hubbys cheating... with a man

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

I called him out on it today.  His friend has been going through a hard time, hes divorcing his wife giving her everything if she wont fight him for spilt custody.  Hes been coming over every day. Our DD is so attached to him.(he has a DD with his wife a few months older than our DD)  I think hes using her to cope with not having his DD. I find that he buys groceries and leaves them there.  I had to count out change today to get wipes and tortillas.  He saw me and hes like Ill give you 10 bucks for all that change.  I said no, you need to keep your money to get a place.  Hubby walks up behind him and says HELL YES and grabbed the 10 from his hand!  He and hubby are gone all the time together.  If hubby will drive him somewhere(so he doesnt have to be alone)  he will fill our tank.  He gave hubby his camper to get a quad.  I told him he might as well ask him to move into our bed and Ill take the couch because it seems like hes your sugar Daddy.  He laughed!  I never have alone time with hubby his friend is ALWAYS there!  Its awkward.  I dont WANT his money, hes going through a rough time and I dont want him being generous thinking thats the only way for him to be here.  Thats how his ex was he always had to give her money when she didnt work because she rakes in CS.  He thinks I dont like him, its not that hes not a nice guy.  I just want him to see that I DONT want him to think he has to pay his way for every little thing, even friendship.  So hubby isnt really taking it in the ass but emotionally... I feel a little abandoned.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LisaSmock
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:32 AM
I'm sorry I don't know what to say
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Grumpylilpixy
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Maybe talk to him and let him know how you feel about him giving his money all the time.

Homeschoolmom99
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Maybe talk to him and let him know how you feel about him giving his money all the time.

SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Nothing in life is free. I understand you don't want to take advantage of the guy, and he probably needs to keep his money. But he has a need to be helping out. He doesn't want to feel like a moocher. So give him something to do. Ask him to do a chore for you or something.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

What if Im taking it all out of context.  Then I look like a dumb ass.  I will admit, he has a GREAT paying job and he works his ass off.  So IDK if maybe he doesnt see money the way that I do so its not a big deal for him.  I was raised by my old school Gram.  If you want something work and save for it otherwise, you dont need/get it.  So him just giving this stuff to hubby makes ME feel out of place?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

Nothing in life is free. I understand you don't want to take advantage of the guy, and he probably needs to keep his money. But he has a need to be helping out. He doesn't want to feel like a moocher. So give him something to do. Ask him to do a chore for you or something.

Hmm.  That is an idea.  Do you think babysitting would be out of line?  I know that sounds crazy but he loves kids.  Hes great with them.  His STBXW had 4 kids and he would come home from work to watch her kids(before they were married and had their DD) so she could go out and drink.  If there was HONEST TO GOD 1 person that doesnt deserve what they have gotten it would be him.  She has used, screwed and cheated him from day one.  And he just kept giving.  I would LOVE for him to find a good woman to have forever.

Grumpylilpixy
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:49 AM

That would make me feel uncomfortable as well. Next time he pulls out his wallet to pay... Say no,no.. We got it. Thank you though. 

And prompt hubby to do the same. He may be paying you cause he hangs around so much... 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

What if Im taking it all out of context.  Then I look like a dumb ass.  I will admit, he has a GREAT paying job and he works his ass off.  So IDK if maybe he doesnt see money the way that I do so its not a big deal for him.  I was raised by my old school Gram.  If you want something work and save for it otherwise, you dont need/get it.  So him just giving this stuff to hubby makes ME feel out of place?

I am a friend, a wife,a daughter but the best title I have by far is Mother .

SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:20 AM

From what you describe of him loving to be with your DD I think that would be a perfect arrangement.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

Hmm.  That is an idea.  Do you think babysitting would be out of line?  I know that sounds crazy but he loves kids.  Hes great with them.  His STBXW had 4 kids and he would come home from work to watch her kids(before they were married and had their DD) so she could go out and drink.  If there was HONEST TO GOD 1 person that doesnt deserve what they have gotten it would be him.  She has used, screwed and cheated him from day one.  And he just kept giving.  I would LOVE for him to find a good woman to have forever.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:24 AM

I almost asked him too tonight.  Dh had to bring me to work and I didnt really want to pack all of the kids in the suv but I did it anyway.  I thought it would keep his mind off of what was going on but then again didnt want to push it back that he doesnt have his DD.

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

From what you describe of him loving to be with your DD I think that would be a perfect arrangement.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:28 AM
omg haha! you eminded me of that song by garfunkel and oats You Me and Steve! look it up on youtube! it will make you laugh and maybe you cab tell dh its how u feel
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)