Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling like a mother

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
4 moms liked this
So I am going to get this started by saying that I was very young and very immature when I had my son.

I truly did not feel I was a 'mother' until one morning when my son was about 6 months old. I had to hurry and get ready for work, I was running late. I got ready, got in the car and started to drive to the babysitters. I got about 5 miles down the road, and it HIT me like a ton of bricks!! My son was asleep in his crib!! I forgot him!! At that moment my heart stopped, I instantly started crying, hurried home. Safely, but quickly. My biggest fear was me getting into an accident, passing out and no one knowing my son was at home ALONE.

When I got home I ran into his room, he was asleep, soundly. I picked him up and he just hugged me. He smiled and snuggled.

That morning was a wake up call for me. To get my s**t together. I quit my job that day, enrolled into college. I graduated a few years ago and I now have a wonderful job, and my son is amazing. He is 10 now, and since that day I have not forgotten about him since.

When did you first feel like a mother?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:43 AM

when I held my first born for the first time. I have always been around children etc, and always had to give them back lol, so holding MY son for the first time was very eye opening becuase he was MINE just mine (and my exes, but I didn't really think about that then)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:44 AM
The second I peed on a stick I felt like a mom. I was 21.
SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:44 AM

The first diaper change. lol. I remember having to get the nurse to show me how to change a diaper. I never was around kids until I had my DD so I had no idea how to do it. She must have thought me an idiot but I couldn't figure out which way it went on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:45 AM

I don't recall a sudden revelation like that, but I can say I did not have that overly emotional, motherly bond when I had my son. I just held him and felt like I didn't know what to do/how to react. It was kind of strange to me, but I do remember I was depressed for a long time after him (not because of him at all), and when he was nine months, the depression fog cleared, and that's probably when I really felt like a mother.

Gwynyth
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Sometimes, when I look at my beautiful DD, I still feel like I'm dreaming.

calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:46 AM
When my ds was sick for the first time. He was a yr and a half. I mean I felt it before then but that's when it really hit me I guess.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinglife0682
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:49 AM
When my husband brought our oldest to me. I looked at her and then at him and saw that we were a team in this.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aimhawk
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:59 AM

the first time I saw and held dd, I wad 18. then with ds as soon as his test was positive.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:01 AM
Idk I think when I was preg and had to stop doing things I love like eat sushi and drinking I was 19 and loved to party (no drugs) but when I got preg I stopped drinking and read all the books ate good food an took my vitamins and moves out of y apartment that was really old and had led paint and I thin it mold in the walls (miss that place) Now my DH and I got a house we split with my mom we pay 1/2 of everything and so does she. We are all happy about it she is not alone anymore and we all can afford more now that we have almost $10,000 a month coming into our house
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:52 AM
When I peed!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured