Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have a problem and I need help with my addiction. I'm not a troll, this is serious.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

I have an addiction to sleeping pills. I work 3 night shifts a week. I sleep all night when I am off, then sleep all day so that I am not tired for work that night. Example.....I was off Sunday during the day but had to work Sunday night. So, I slept all night Saturday night, all day Sunday and then slept all day Monday because i had been up all night working. I am taking 5 to 6 Nyquil every day. I am on  a prescription of sleeping pills. They should last me 30 days but they only last me 7. I  can not go to an in patient facility and I can not quit my job. If I don't take something to force myself to sleep during the day then I am dead tired and falling asleep at work and will get fired. I just needed to get this all out. I wish I had a sleeping pill that would actually work. If I slept great at night when I was off then I could cat nap before heading in to work. The problem is I can not sleep at night. At all. Even if I force myself to get up at 6 AM and stay awake all day I can not sleep that night. I spent 4 hours in a mental hospital over the summer (yes, 4 whole hours) for extreme anxiety. Every time I try to explain to my doctor that the sleeping pill isn't strong enough she tells me there is nothing else she can give me.  If you dont have any kind or helpful words of advice will you just pray for me please?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:02 AM
Are you in a state where medical marijuana is legal?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Working night shift is really hard. It doesn't work for everyone. I would try and find a new job with a normal schedule before I would check into rehab. It doesn't sound like an addiction. It sounds like you are having a really hard time adjusting to the schedule you are on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:08 AM
That's not good hun:( Your taking way to many which isn't safe at all and some of those can actually prevent restful REM sleep in excess, which is why they arent helping. Please talk to your Dr about getting help. You don't have to go inpatient necessarily, but I think it would be a good idea to have help and not battle this on your own.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:10 AM
Please get an mmj license. If not I can suggest some herbs that help sleep that are legal. Sleeping pills ca. Kill you in large doses.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:36 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Please get an mmj license. If not I can suggest some herbs that help sleep that are legal. Sleeping pills ca. Kill you in large doses.

I would love to hear some herb suggestions!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:01 AM
super B complex helps relax and helps with sleep. But in your case, I would try the MJ card. Good luck
Mommie2Kailen
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:05 AM

Is medical marijuana prescribed for insomnia? My brother would be so happy if thats the case..

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:09 AM
I used to have the same problem it got to the point were i was taking 10 tylonal pm even at night to just sleep i slowly leaned off and delt with a month of pretty much a hr of sleep if i was lucky. Hell that was 2 months ago and i still sleep like crap. I would love to take pms again but they are bad for you well tylonal is. I cant take any type of pm med with out going back
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:10 AM

I am addicted tamazepam.  I have anxiety too which causes insomnia. It sucks. And melatonin doesn't do shit for me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:11 AM

Have you tried Provigil? Look into it and ask your doc. It will help you stay awake and not prevent you from falling asleep. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)