Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Personally affected by a serial killer?

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:11 AM
  • 251 Replies
1 mom liked this

The serial killer mentor post got me thinking... Do you know anyone that has been personally affected by a serial killer, or have you? 

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexis_06
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:13 AM

my ex boss was a murderer...lol..he got away with murder for like 28 yrs....and then they caught him when he was trying to cross the border from canada to the states.  he was the nicest guy tho!! go figure.

NBean311
by Chivette on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:14 AM

That is so scary! Did he murder multiple people? 

Quoting alexis_06:

my ex boss was a murderer...lol..he got away with murder for like 28 yrs....and then they caught him when he was trying to cross the border from canada to the states.  he was the nicest guy tho!! go figure.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:15 AM
2 moms liked this
One of my exes has killed more than 3 people but he doesn't leave evidence. I only know bc he bragged about when he was drunk and then choked me till I passed out. When he was asleep I snick out and never saw him again.
ms.momo3
by Chrissy on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:15 AM
Semi affected...used to hang in the zodiac barn as a teen. It was said to be one of the hiding places of the zodiac killer or something.

Grew up around the corner from the prison charles manson was in for a long time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
428pm
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:17 AM
2 moms liked this

I dont know if this is personally affected, but Paul Bernardo is from my city and I was a young teen at the time he was arrested.  

We used to have to get picked up and driven anywhere and werent allowed to go anywhere alone or even take the bus past sundown because of the scarborough rapist.  It was scary.

And then afterwards, when everything came out, all the details.  It was awful and scary knowing that could happen right where I lived.

NBean311
by Chivette on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:17 AM

Holy cow! I am so glad you got away safe. I hope he gets caught. 

Quoting Anonymous:

One of my exes has killed more than 3 people but he doesn't leave evidence. I only know bc he bragged about when he was drunk and then choked me till I passed out. When he was asleep I snick out and never saw him again.

Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:17 AM
No serial killers but I did have a friend get murdered in his own home. Someone knocked on the door asking to use his phone he let them come in and he turned his back to get the phone and they shot him and his Grandma. That happen 10 years ago this year and they still haven't found who did it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:18 AM
Not a serial killer, but the woman who babysat me as a kid killed her mom and drove around town with her in the trunk.
NBean311
by Chivette on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:18 AM

Oh my God. I'm so sorry. That is horrible. I hope the person is found and brought to justice. 

Quoting Mommyof2n0308:

No serial killers but I did have a friend get murdered in his own home. Someone knocked on the door asking to use his phone he let them come in and he turned his back to get the phone and they shot him and his Grandma. That happen 10 years ago this year and they still haven't found who did it.

Gwynyth
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:19 AM

I lost a childhood friend to Clifford Olson. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)