Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My daughter is a nut

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies
My daughter and sil anniversary is coming up. I offered to babysit my two grandbabies while she and her dh go away for the weekend. She only agreed when her mil backed out. But that's a whole different post. So she sends me an email with a schedule, dos and don'ts, what they can eat and can't eat. That they're only allowed to watch the movies she's packing. She says absolutely no candy or snacks other than what she packs.

What happened to letting kids be kids. They're spending a weekend with Grandma, they're supposed to eat cookies and stay up late.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:50 AM
8 moms liked this

I swear... this generation has mental problems about raising kids.

bellawomen
by Summer on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Umm. No. That's why you don't get time with your grandchildren. Her kids, her rules. Don't like them, then don't get time with your grandchildren. You had your chance to raise children, now its her turn and she gets to make the rules.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
happy41ce
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Let them be kids.. Lol
ElizabethGracie
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:53 AM

This is your daughter,not your son's wife?That's weird,cause I would definitely leave my kids with my mom before I would leave them with my mil...not that she's not a great person...I'd just prefer to leave them with my mom first.

What kind of schedule is it?

"Live as if you have faith and faith will be given to you."

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I asked her if they like hot dogs she said they've never had them. Wtf kid has never had a hot dog!?

Quoting thetrollcat:

BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd agree then do what I want with them...lol  That's what I do with my nephew...I tell my sister I raised 2 that lived and is there anyone else around helping?  NO?  Didn't think so..deal with it...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:55 AM
Wake up time, potty time, meal time, play time. Every moment of their day is scheduled.

Quoting ElizabethGracie:

This is your daughter,not your son's wife?That's weird,cause I would definitely leave my kids with my mom before I would leave them with my mil...not that she's not a great person...I'd just prefer to leave them with my mom first.

What kind of schedule is it?

happy41ce
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:56 AM
I would let them be kids. It's grandmas house!! I would let my kids be kids if you were their gma. I mean hell you want them to have good memories about their childhood and being with you! :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I asked her if they like hot dogs she said they've never had them. Wtf kid has never had a hot dog!?

Quoting thetrollcat:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, that would be annoying. She sounds a little too controlling. Sneak them a cookie.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I think you need to work on a relationship with your daughter meow... thats crazy she is caught up in the crazy bullshit parenting stuff.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thetrollcat:

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)