Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My SO keeps calling me Robo Cop...

Posted by   + Show Post
I've been having irregular heart beats over the past few weeks. I'm pregnant and I hear that's a thing - so I wasn't worried. It was like one 5 minute interval of what felt like my heart skipping every 4th beat, and it only happened like ever 3-4 days. Well a few days ago it increased. A lot. Tuesday it happened 3 times in a span of 2 hours - and that shit hurts. My heart pounds really hard, my chest hurts, and I feel sick after. The next day it happened at work twice and I had to sit down til it stopped. Went to the ER after and they did some tests, and told me to run in Friday to grab a 24 hour holster monitor.

Let me tell you. This mother fcker is sexy. 5 wires strapped to my chest and a 2 foot cord running to the worlds largest and oldest looking beeper lol AND if it doesn't catch any beat skips, I have to get a 3 day one, and then a 30 day one. I have 11 hrs left with this thing and my hearts behaved so far. It needs to skip! Just one damn time so I don't have to do this again!!

My SO keeps referring to me as stupid characters. "I've always fantasized about a sexy female RoboCop"
"Too bad it isn't Halloween, you could go as Tron"
:-|
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:01 AM
Replies (11-20):
xtina8817
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:17 AM
Quoting tyner_brylee:

Does your heart also beat really fast too? Cause back in October my heart was racing for no reason and it kept skipping beats which hurt like hell. So i went to the hospital to get it checked out and it turns out that i have a Sinus Tachycardia.

When i got to the hospital my bpm was 160 and it should only be between 70 and 90 bpm. " bpm = beats per minute". I was on the verge of cardiac arrest if they didn't get my heart rate down quickly.

Btw i am only 29.

Hmmm no they didn't say it was beating fast. When it starts skipping it starts to race. I'm really tiny and my resting heart rate is always over 100. I'll be watching for it. Of course, like i said, now that I have a monitor and we're running tests, its not doing anything lol
tyner_brylee
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:19 AM
I now have to take heart medication to keep it regular. If the medication doesn't help or work i am going to have open heart surgery to have a pace maker put in so it can shock my heart when it starts to beat to fast..... :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
xtina8817
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:20 AM
Quoting tyner_brylee:

I now have to take heart medication to keep it regular. If the medication doesn't help or work i am going to have open heart surgery to have a pace maker out in so it can shock my heart when it starts to beat to fast..... :(

Good grief! At 29! That's so young :-( I'm sorry love, I hope it doesn't come to that for you!
tyner_brylee
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:21 AM
I hope the best for you. I'll say a little prayer for you.

Quoting xtina8817:

Quoting tyner_brylee:

Does your heart also beat really fast too? Cause back in October my heart was racing for no reason and it kept skipping beats which hurt like hell. So i went to the hospital to get it checked out and it turns out that i have a Sinus Tachycardia.

When i got to the hospital my bpm was 160 and it should only be between 70 and 90 bpm. " bpm = beats per minute". I was on the verge of cardiac arrest if they didn't get my heart rate down quickly.

Btw i am only 29.

Hmmm no they didn't say it was beating fast. When it starts skipping it starts to race. I'm really tiny and my resting heart rate is always over 100. I'll be watching for it. Of course, like i said, now that I have a monitor and we're running tests, its not doing anything lol

NanaMomo
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:21 AM
Ah such a long way to go but I'm sure it'll go by fast :)

Aw that's adorable. Df and I had our first 9 months ago lol, once, while I was pregnant, he had gotten drunk (he neeeever drinks lol he's a lightweight) and we were cuddling.. He was seconds from knocking out when he held my tummy and said he was so excited to be having a son.. That he loved him so much already. He got teary eyed and fell asleep lol!

Quoting xtina8817:

Quoting NanaMomo:

Lol cool :)

No mine was when I was younger, a teenager. I was having a lot of weird symptoms heart palpitations being one. I never did find out why and it eventually stopped.

Aside from your heart, hows your pregnancy going? :)

Awesome :-) almost 13 weeks. Its my 2nd but SOs first and he is like going nuts. Always all over my belly. We can feel where the baby is, but can't feel it move yet. I'm so excited to see his face the first time he can feel it :-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyner_brylee
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:22 AM
Thanks... so do i. I am scared to death of the surgery.

Quoting xtina8817:

Quoting tyner_brylee:

I now have to take heart medication to keep it regular. If the medication doesn't help or work i am going to have open heart surgery to have a pace maker out in so it can shock my heart when it starts to beat to fast..... :(

Good grief! At 29! That's so young :-( I'm sorry love, I hope it doesn't come to that for you!

xtina8817
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:24 AM
Quoting NanaMomo:

Aaawe congrats!! Men can be so cute when they wanna be
P.N._Guin
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:26 AM
I'm so tired and this seriously cracked me up! I just got done giggling up a storm over another post. Geeze!

OP I hope you start feeling better, soon!

Quoting NBean311:

What a wiener! They always think they are sooooo funny. 

I hope your heart starts cooperating. Palpitations can be scary. 

NanaMomo
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:29 AM
Thank you :) lol yes they can be, df is a sweety already but that little boy just magnifies it by 100 :) he calls him his best friend or his little buddy :)

And congrats to you! Do you already have a ds or dd?

Quoting xtina8817:

Quoting NanaMomo:

Aaawe congrats!! Men can be so cute when they wanna be

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xtina8817
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:30 AM
Quoting NanaMomo:

We think its a boy! Not sure yet since I'm still early. We should find out on the 4th :-D
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)