Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I spent 1300 on this cutie :)

He's a papillon :) I love him so much and he is such a great little dog. 

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:06 AM
Replies (41-50):
Axlynnx
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Our pound charges $150 a dog and $100 a cat! 

Quoting camsmami:

I spent ¤$60 on a rescue. She's a golden retriever/Great Preyenees. Golden Preyenees.

Before that I had an Australian shepherd/ridgeback. Best dog I've ever owned. I lost her at 8 years old. I miss her everyday. She passed in May. Only spent $35 to rescue her from the pound.

MommyRJ
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:06 AM
I used to have one of those. She was very territorial towards me and my grandma. She hated everyone else.

Cutie tho
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this

the smaller and uglier the dog the more expensive. strange logic, but hey. i couldnt spend that much on an animal....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:10 AM

dumb to spend that much!

camsmami
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Its pathetic. honestly.

Quoting JenB1983:

Because I don't want to. LOL.

That is reason enough.

Quoting camsmami:

And why not exactly? Because they've been abused..abandoned....and might just be the best damn dog you'll ever own?

Quoting JenB1983:

In your opinion. Personally, I'm sick of seeing people vilified for daring to buy a dog from a breeder. Generally those who come out and attack are the "my pets are equal to my children" crazies. If thy are so damn equal, then why is it ok for them to breed, as opposed to rescuing children already here?

Me personally....I will not ever get a dog from a rescue. Cat, sure. Dog, no way in hell.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

That is the most ridiculous comparison.........smh. 

Quoting JenB1983:

He's so cute!!!!!!

And I really hope all these people that scream about getting shelter dogs all adopted their kids out of foster care. I mean, how selfish to bring a life into this world when there were others who needed help.

*eye roll*

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Awww what a cutie.
elzingah36
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Aaawww! He is just adorable :)
It actually looks like he's posing for the pic...here's another Aaawww for ya :)
I usually am mostly for ppl to try to adopt from shelters but sometimes if there's a specific breed and mentality one wants then you typically go find a breeder. $1300 is a lot scratch! I hope you have many,many long years with this precious little guy :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:16 AM
5 moms liked this
Ah yes, good old CM standby. If something isn't done your way, it's pathetic. LOL

Quoting camsmami:

Its pathetic. honestly.

Quoting JenB1983:

Because I don't want to. LOL.

That is reason enough.

Quoting camsmami:

And why not exactly? Because they've been abused..abandoned....and might just be the best damn dog you'll ever own?

Quoting JenB1983:

In your opinion. Personally, I'm sick of seeing people vilified for daring to buy a dog from a breeder. Generally those who come out and attack are the "my pets are equal to my children" crazies. If thy are so damn equal, then why is it ok for them to breed, as opposed to rescuing children already here?

Me personally....I will not ever get a dog from a rescue. Cat, sure. Dog, no way in hell.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

That is the most ridiculous comparison.........smh. 

Quoting JenB1983:

He's so cute!!!!!!

And I really hope all these people that scream about getting shelter dogs all adopted their kids out of foster care. I mean, how selfish to bring a life into this world when there were others who needed help.

*eye roll*

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
camsmami
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:18 AM
2 moms liked this
Wow! The golden i have my grandma found in the paper after my girl passed. I got it for my daughter. The people had her dad in the garage feeding him rotten milk because he had been hit by a car. The pups and mom ran free. Their logic was, "we figure if the dogs get hit at least they lived a nice life and weren't chained or pined up"
What?!?
Shall i also say that the dog threw up a whole baby chick on the way home? Luckily my sisters car but still. Lol

Edit: best 60 i ever spent for my child

My husbands grandma passed away and we were in a hotel. The dog was very protective of my daughter in this strange.environment. Lol

Quoting Axlynnx:

Our pound charges $150 a dog and $100 a cat! 

Quoting camsmami:

I spent ¤$60 on a rescue. She's a golden retriever/Great Preyenees. Golden Preyenees.

Before that I had an Australian shepherd/ridgeback. Best dog I've ever owned. I lost her at 8 years old. I miss her everyday. She passed in May. Only spent $35 to rescue her from the pound.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funlovinlady
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Nope, never would I spend that on a dog.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)