Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Feel So Violated!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

I live on post, and apparently the landscaping company who has the contract here wants to make sure they are working really hard for their money, because it seems that not a day goes by that lawnmowers and leaf blowers are not blaring outside.  They do not go into our fenced-in yards, but they work around the neighborhoods and in our front yards.  There is also a toddler park right on the other side of my fence, which is where the worker in question was working today.

I have five children under age ten, and a newborn.  We were all in the the dining area, which has a sliding glass door.  I was walking around the table, helping the kids with their schoolwork (I homeschool), and I was also breastfeeding the baby.  I had a cover on, but apparently either the baby pulled it down, or when I leaned down to look at a worksheet it slid down.  Either way, I did not notice until I felt the baby's mouth detach...and that was when I saw the guy.  The side of our fence that borders the playground is immediately to the right of the sliding door (as in, one could lean their top half over the fence while keeping a leg in the house).  So there I stand, one double D hanging out, and this stranger just staring at it.  It was not a quick, "Oh dear, I was weed eating along the fence at the totally wrong moment, I will quickly avert my eyes"  thing either.  He had clearly been standing there a whole minute, weed eater turned off and one hand on the fence, probably from the moment my cover slipped down.  Even when it was clear I noticed him, he just kept staring!  I was frozen for a minute, then quickly pulled up the cover and yanked the cord on the vertical blinds.

I think I feel twice as violated as I would have if he had seen me changing or something, because I was feeding my child.  The worst part is, there is no way to identify him.  The playground isn't fenced, so there were several people weed eating and pruning in the big open space it sets on, and they all wear those protective face cover things.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:19 AM

Does anyone have any advice, by the way, as to how I might be able to find out who he was?  Or even how I might get some sleep?  I close my eyes, and I just see that creepy guy staring at me.

baquick
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:23 AM
I would find out if there is a way you can get a taller fence. Idk about anything other than reporting it to whomever heads that up. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NanaMomo
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:26 AM
Oh wow what a creep! Sorry mama :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Frosting
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:28 AM

Ugh, what a creepy, nasty man.  I know you can't identify him but I would still report the incident to whoever is in charge of that team.  Maybe one of them will know who it was and would let the boss know (if he talked about it to the other guys, kwim?)

britishmummy
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:30 AM

I refuse to live on post/base due to the fact you loose your freedom :( sorry you went through it. All I could suggest for this is closing your curtains when they are around, or have a video camera set up for the future. Maybe it was wrong place wrong time for him, he COULD have been wondering by and being the male he is, noticed boob and quickly looked as you looked at him? Again, I think positive as often as possible.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I contacted the housing office, who then contacted the landscaping company, who then looked at work logs.  Then housing called me back and said, "(Company Name) had several people tending your area today, and they have no way of knowing exactly which worker was mowing along your fence at the time."  Housing also told me the company intends to interview all the guys who were working in the area.  I guess to see if any of them can say, "Yeah, I saw So-and-So standing next to the fence for a few minutes without mowing"?  Looking back, I probably should have called the MPs right away, while the workers were still out there.  I guess I was a little bit in shock though.

Quoting baquick:

I would find out if there is a way you can get a taller fence. Idk about anything other than reporting it to whomever heads that up. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)