Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
i dont know if i spelled that right. but im going to go look at new cars today.. was thinking of going with a hyundia. anyone have one?? do you like it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Replies (21-30):
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:16 AM

I just bought a brand new Accent. I absolutely love it!

CafeMom Tickers
BREN_da
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:17 AM
I've had my Hyundai for 10 years. only had one problem about 3 years ago. A belt slipped and knocked off another part, so it was towed in to be fixed. other than that inconvenience, it runs fine.
Eta: Santa fe
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CRAZZYB23
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:17 AM
understandable completley!! but the way my money and my budget i have no choice right now. i need something reliable..

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

I'm a Detroit girl. This post irritates me.

Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:18 AM

oh my...lol..sorry about that.

Quoting CRAZZYB23:

i bought my last car from there.. i wasnt to fond of that place lol.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

Where do you live? Do you have a Carmax around you anywhere? They are the number 1 used car selling dealership around. I used to work there. They are different than most car dealerships and they don't haggle. They won't talk you into buying something more expensive either ( they make the same commission on every car they sell). If you don't like the car within 5 days of purchasing it, you can return it. 

Quoting CRAZZYB23:

well right.now my car payments are 400 a month.. it is a 2009 honda accord V6 fully loaded. i love it! pre baby obviously. i need to drop my payments at least to 300 and somethin that a 4 cylander. i am paying over a hundred a week in gas.

i want something used too.. i would like to jot be paying on it for 6 years i want something i can pay off

Quoting Lyssa0587:

Have you tried looking for a 4 door honda? I wouldn't go with any type of 2 door with a baby, thats a pain! LOL. I realize you probably had it before the baby came. My husband said Hyundai's are pretty good this day in age( hes a sales manager at a car dealership). They used to be crap. If you find one you really like go for it. I have a Honda Odyssey van and a toyota corolla. Both have been great cars and that's why I always recommend them. You do what you think is best for you...what you think you can afford and what not. :)

Quoting CRAZZYB23:

i have a 2 door honda accord right now.. i love it!! but putting a carseat into it is terrible lol and it sucks on gas. i drive alot. i jeard they werent bad..

Quoting Lyssa0587:

Its Hyundai...so you almost got it! LOL. I wouldnt recommend Hyundai...but Im strictly a toyota, honda, nissan, type of gal. LOL. 

TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:18 AM

i have a 2008 Hyundai Sonata.  we like it a lot except the fact that it doesn't get very good gas mileage. aside from that, it's a great car.

CRAZZYB23
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:19 AM
good to know!! i have a mechanic in my family so i keep up on maintenance on my cars.. what kind do you own

Quoting BREN_da:

I've had my Hyundai for 10 years. only had one problem about 3 years ago. A belt slipped and knocked off another part, so it was towed in to be fixed. other than that inconvenience, it runs fine.

Eta: Santa fe

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:19 AM
*Grin* I think the last two letters are "ai". We test-drove one years ago and liked the way it ran and handled but ended up getting a Bonneville instead. HEre's a bump for you.
Candi_gal
We still have our 2006 Hyundai Elantra and have never had any problems with it. Nothing but normal maintence since we bought it in 2007 and it has close to 100,000 miles now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zoegirlsmom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:19 AM
I had an Elantra, I hated it. It did have a good warranty, which is good because the transmission was always messed up. In 2 years I bet it had 12 warranty fixes. I went back to Honda.
CRAZZYB23
i need good gas mileage.. im spending over a hundred a week right now .. i drive alot!

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

i have a 2008 Hyundai Sonata.  we like it a lot except the fact that it doesn't get very good gas mileage. aside from that, it's a great car.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN