Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i dont know if i spelled that right. but im going to go look at new cars today.. was thinking of going with a hyundia. anyone have one?? do you like it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:20 AM
The best car I have ever owned (not to mention one of the safest according to the industry at the time) was a Hyundai Santa Fe. I would but another in a heartbeat.
IncognitoOne
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Mines a 4cyl, and a stick.....but I have a V6 Odyssey and it gets good gas mileage....so I don't know.

im a Honda gal, I'm not too crazy about Hyundai.

Quoting CRAZZYB23:

its a V 6
i spend over a hundred a week in gas... i have a long commute

Quoting IncognitoOne:

There is something wrong if it sucks on gas. My accord gets 34-36 mpg (depending on how it's driven).......

but yeah, 2 door cars and carseats don't mix well....

Quoting CRAZZYB23:

i have a 2 door honda accord right now.. i love it!! but putting a carseat into it is terrible lol and it sucks on gas. i drive alot. i jeard they werent bad..

Quoting Lyssa0587:

Its Hyundai...so you almost got it! LOL. I wouldnt recommend Hyundai...but Im strictly a toyota, honda, nissan, type of gal. LOL. 

MorganTho
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:21 AM
This! If you're gonna buy a brand new car I would recommend one of these

Quoting Anonymous:

your worried about spelling hyundai right? lol

oh eta: to answer your question, my sister has a hyundai and its a pretty good car. just take care of it. i just shelled out 900 bucks to fix her car, that was only half the price. And shes got hit twice, once she was t-boned and only got a small dent in the door, and she was rear ended and only has a small scratch!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PerfectVirgo
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Well then I'd probably go Nissan. They will keep running no matter what happens to them, and are really cheap to fix.

Sorry, I have to ;)

**buy domestic!!**

Quoting CRAZZYB23:

understandable completley!! but the way my money and my budget i have no choice right now. i need something reliable..

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

I'm a Detroit girl. This post irritates me.

CRAZZYB23
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:23 AM
nissans can be pricey tho :-\

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

Well then I'd probably go Nissan. They will keep running no matter what happens to them, and are really cheap to fix.

Sorry, I have to ;)

**buy domestic!!**

Quoting CRAZZYB23:

understandable completley!! but the way my money and my budget i have no choice right now. i need something reliable..

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

PerfectVirgo
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Is there a reason you won't buy domestic? I got my ford focus for 4500 and it runs great. I can fill my tank for 35 and it gets me 250 miles. And I overpaid because I bought it to bump my horrible credit.

Quoting CRAZZYB23:

nissans can be pricey tho :-\

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

Sorry, I have to ;)

**buy domestic!!**

Quoting CRAZZYB23:

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

CRAZZYB23
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:25 AM
i have owned one civic and two accords.. my last accord got totaled.. i hit a car.. a guard rail went down an embankment into a tree.. and walked away without a scratch!
im a honda girl too!!
but im afraid i wont get back what i owe on this car and hyundai keeps saying they dont care what u owe

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Mines a 4cyl, and a stick.....but I have a V6 Odyssey and it gets good gas mileage....so I don't know.

im a Honda gal, I'm not too crazy about Hyundai.

Quoting CRAZZYB23:

its a V 6

i spend over a hundred a week in gas... i have a long commute

Quoting IncognitoOne:

There is something wrong if it sucks on gas. My accord gets 34-36 mpg (depending on how it's driven).......

but yeah, 2 door cars and carseats don't mix well....

Quoting CRAZZYB23:

i have a 2 door honda accord right now.. i love it!! but putting a carseat into it is terrible lol and it sucks on gas. i drive alot. i jeard they werent bad..

Quoting Lyssa0587:

Its Hyundai...so you almost got it! LOL. I wouldnt recommend Hyundai...but Im strictly a toyota, honda, nissan, type of gal. LOL. 

TAG_ur_it
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:25 AM

we spend about 50 for 2 weeks.  we get between 20 and 25mpg.  more if it's on a long highway trip.  we've gotten up to 30 hwy.  but that's with zero traffic and  very very few pit stops.  that may be ok to some, but we use to get 37mpg in our old 97 saturn.  so i may be biased. 

Quoting CRAZZYB23:

i need good gas mileage.. im spending over a hundred a week right now .. i drive alot!

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

i have a 2008 Hyundai Sonata.  we like it a lot except the fact that it doesn't get very good gas mileage. aside from that, it's a great car.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:25 AM
They're really not any less than other cars and CAN have tranny issues b you can count on them for 10 years, so if you're plannin to get another car in 10 years or less, you'll be fine. Otherwise, consider a Honda, Toyota or Mazda, or a Chevy. Steer clear of Dodge CARS; they aren't currently holding up. Their trucks and SUVs are great. Personally, I'd avoid a Hyundai.
RaynesMommy07
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:26 AM
A good friend of mine has a new one. She loves it. I've never owned one. Probably never will. I'm a Honda girl.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured