Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't get prochoice logic

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 101 Replies

Man Accused of Cutting Unborn Baby Out of Wife's Abdomen

WALKER, LA (WAFB) -

A man accused of attacking his pregnant wife and killing their unborn baby appeared in court for a hearing Thursday for the first time since the October incident.  On his way into court, Jeffery Reynolds blamed synthetic marijuana for what happened.

Additional Links

Reynolds, 31, appeared in court with his hands and feet shackled and he was wearing a bulletproof vest.

As he was going into court he told reporters, "I love my wife and son with all my heart.  I hope the state will enforce laws against synthetic drugs that has ruined my family."

During his court appearance, another motions hearing was scheduled on his bond revocations.

The Livingston Parish Sheriff's Office said Reynolds attacked his wife, Paula, 28, with a kitchen knife at their Walker, LA home on Oct. 23, 2012.

Investigators said he stabbed her in the abdomen and cut their baby out of her. She survived the attack.

A toxicology test was run on Reynolds, but at last report, the results had not been sent back to authorities.

Reynolds remains behind bars on $500,000 bond. He is charged with first-degree feticide and second-degree attempted murder.

Less than a week later, the Livingston Parish coroner reported the baby was accidentally cremated. The coroner said the Livingston Parish Government does not maintain a morgue and has always relied on a private sector funeral home for morgue services.

In a statement released by the coroner, a funeral home employee mistakenly removed and cremated the baby before an autopsy could be performed.

Livingston Parish District Attorney Scott Perrilloux reportedly said the cremation voids the possibility of upgrading the feticide count to one of murder.

Previously, Perrilloux said if evidence showed the unborn baby had begun to breathe before it was killed, that the feticide count may be upgraded to murder.

However, Perrilloux said he believes the current counts against the suspect in the case can still be prosecuted.

Copyright 2013 WAFB. All rights reserved.

So my question is all you prochoice women...why is he being charged with the 'feticide' if it was in the abdomen??? I thought their little lives were insignificant until they were birthed from their mother's womb?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Ugh
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:07 AM
6 moms liked this
Common sense here..the man stole the mother's choice. I'm very prochoice but I believe life begins at conception too. I believe abortion ends the life. I believe this man killed his child, his wife's child..and I believe he should be punished greatly for it. Just because someone is prochoice doesn't mean they all think like you described. Knowing that will probably help you alot.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:07 AM
7 moms liked this

people arent having abortions at 4-9 months. if a baby was born at the abortion stage, theres no way it would live viably outside the womb.

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this

He removed the fetus from the womb against the wishes of the mother.

CafeMom Tickers
Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Lol. Wow..*eye roll*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
msmoody
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:09 AM
6 moms liked this
Are you fucking drunk?
randomosityblog
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:10 AM
10 moms liked this

I don't understand the pro-life logic.

Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Because it was done illegally against the mother's wishes?
PerfectVirgo
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:10 AM
3 moms liked this
Feticide is the killing of a fetus the mother does not want aborted. That's why he's being charged with that. .....
m0mmyheather
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:13 AM
2 moms liked this
A baby being cut out of the mother's stomach at 7 months pregnant is a big difference from a abortion at 6 weeks or something like that. That baby could have lived.

Edit: AN abortion
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)