Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Probably going to get bashed....but I don't agree with spousal support in most situations

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am all for child support because I feel a man has equal responsibility in raising a kid.  But I think spousal support is stupid in most situations.  I think there should be very few exceptions where someone gets it.

1. Disabled spouse with no way of working

2. SAHM. For a few months until she gets a job..  If she doesn't get a job within the allotted time....oh well. 

I don't think a woman with no kids should get it unless like I said she is disabled .....or her husband was the main bread winner and she kept house.  And again. 90 days to get a job. 

I think if a woman is living with someone then she shouldn't get it.  I have a neighbor who has lived with the same man for 10 years and won't marry him because her spousal support or Alimoney would stop.  Ridiculous. She had no kids with her ex but has two with the new guy,  

there may be other instances where it would be okay. But not many. 

Also...no my DH doesn't pay support to anyone. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:07 AM
I fully agree!!

Quoting Anonymous:

We have been married 10 years. If he gets up and tells me he's leaving me, I will have no problems going after alimony/spousal support. Most women give their husbands everything, their life, dreams and best years of their life. I helped my husband become the successful person that he is. There is no way I would let someone else reap the benefits of my love and support.

MissTuree
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree. There is little reason for a woman YEARS after the fact to still be getting money from an ex strictly because they were married.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:09 AM
2 moms liked this
I know a woman who cheated I her husband and they divorced. She has three kids with him. She recieved 3,000 a month in alimony and childsupport. She is always posting pictures of vacation trips, and shopping sprees. I dont understand she cheated on her husband and now recieved this money while living with another man for two years now. She wears an engagement ring but won't marry aswell.
SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:09 AM
2 moms liked this

Maybe you shouldn't have given all of you away that is sad to me. I don't understand women who do not want to support themselves after a divorce. Also you should have your own hopes and dreams.

Quoting Anonymous:

We have been married 10 years. If he gets up and tells me he's leaving me, I will have no problems going after alimony/spousal support. Most women give their husbands everything, their life, dreams and best years of their life. I helped my husband become the successful person that he is. There is no way I would let someone else reap the benefits of my love and support.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Thats a decision that you made, most men that have been married usually to become a better person. However, you did that out of love so why would you want to be compensated for having loved someone? For the record everyone is not awarded alimony and spousal support. Most of the times its a lot of bickering and unecessary money spent.

I feel you though, I would feel like you but like I said their is no compensation for love lost.

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:12 AM
3 moms liked this
I think it's ridiculous that women won't move on With their life for fear of losing their alimony.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:13 AM
2 moms liked this
Spousal support for at least 2 yrs. Enough to get some decent training/schooling so the parent can support themselves and their kids. Imagine a sahm with no job skills told to get a job, minimum wage at best. And support the family on that?? CS doest cover it all.
10 yrs, living w someone? Nope. Recent laws have changed that.
anjones09
by Ash on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:14 AM
I agree. There are certain circumstances where it's ok, but the spouse receiving the money needs to get a job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
helema24
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:14 AM

i know of a man sitting in jail because he RAPED and tried to KILL his ex wife that is getting alimony. shes tried to get it shelved for reconsideration while hes in there but the judge said no several times AND he even told her "due to the nature of the crime ill let you pay slightly less" so her "rApe discount" was 200 bucks off of the 2k!! now thats messed up!

power bitch slap internetMuslim Cat prays towards Mecca. LoL by: wirgylovesamletoandshayaprofessor cat. replySPOCK'S MILKSHAKE[]

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:17 AM
2 moms liked this
Excuse me but I fully support myself now. All income is our income, dreams became our dreams, I helped support him when he needed me. I did not lose myself as a person but I have gone out of my way to help him accomplish his goals. I have been there when no one else was. While I could fully support myself and my kids if he ups and leaves I won't. I have given so much it would only be fair. We have discussed it before and he agrees with me.

Quoting SweetPea2004:

Maybe you shouldn't have given all of you away that is sad to me. I don't understand women who do not want to support themselves after a divorce. Also you should have your own hopes and dreams.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)