Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Probably going to get bashed....but I don't agree with spousal support in most situations

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am all for child support because I feel a man has equal responsibility in raising a kid.  But I think spousal support is stupid in most situations.  I think there should be very few exceptions where someone gets it.

1. Disabled spouse with no way of working

2. SAHM. For a few months until she gets a job..  If she doesn't get a job within the allotted time....oh well. 

I don't think a woman with no kids should get it unless like I said she is disabled .....or her husband was the main bread winner and she kept house.  And again. 90 days to get a job. 

I think if a woman is living with someone then she shouldn't get it.  I have a neighbor who has lived with the same man for 10 years and won't marry him because her spousal support or Alimoney would stop.  Ridiculous. She had no kids with her ex but has two with the new guy,  

there may be other instances where it would be okay. But not many. 

Also...no my DH doesn't pay support to anyone. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Replies (331-340):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:48 AM
I think if the person was abusive they should pay it.
I_luv_my_boys3
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:52 AM
My MIL's exDH wants her to pay spousal support because he just got out of prison and has no money and lives with his mom. What a joke! Of course my MIL's lawyer laughed when he read that. I did too!

I don't think anyone should be entitled to it either and I'm a SAHM of 3.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a feeling most women who don't agree with spousal support are:

1. Second wives, 2. not sahm's but want to be or 3. jealous

emptyreliquary
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Spousal support should be used for the support of a woman or man who gave up years of work experience to take care of the kids. Because it is hard at first to find a job when you have basically nothing on your resumee and are middle aged. Also a disabled spouse. Otherwise, if a woman has a job, or is basically remarried but won't make it official to keep her support, I don't think she should get alimony. 

MooseMomma
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:39 AM
1 mom liked this

No bashing from me. I agree. If there are children that is one thing, but if there are no children there should be no reason for one spouse to support the other after the relationship is over.

(BBC=mrscorbin924)
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:42 AM
I believe in it but never got it! My ex left during my graduate years of school....2 kids...no income! He took off and closed the bank accounts just left $50 a month for food and diapers!
drivenleonian
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:52 AM
My X asked for a divorce after I became disabled. I don't depend on the portion of spousal support he does pay, but I believe he owes me! I became 'no good' to him when my physical abilities got in the way of him living a certain lifestyle.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cupcake_mom
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:56 AM

i 100% agree with you. and i think if she has kids with someone else and her ex hubby can prove that she has been living with this man for so long that he should be able to take her back to court to get his payments to her stopped. she is cheating the system and is just as bad as all those ppl who use gov assistance

Quoting Anonymous:

I am all for child support because I feel a man has equal responsibility in raising a kid.  But I think spousal support is stupid in most situations.  I think there should be very few exceptions where someone gets it.

1. Disabled spouse with no way of working

2. SAHM. For a few months until she gets a job..  If she doesn't get a job within the allotted time....oh well. 

I don't think a woman with no kids should get it unless like I said she is disabled .....or her husband was the main bread winner and she kept house.  And again. 90 days to get a job. 

I think if a woman is living with someone then she shouldn't get it.  I have a neighbor who has lived with the same man for 10 years and won't marry him because her spousal support or Alimoney would stop.  Ridiculous. She had no kids with her ex but has two with the new guy,  

there may be other instances where it would be okay. But not many. 

Also...no my DH doesn't pay support to anyone. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:04 AM

I am now a second wife, but for many years I was a first wife. I married my husband while I was in college, a man i worked with. So I got through college, got an advanced degree, got a great job an  worked my way up the ladder. He worked at a few different jobs  but always low paying, non skilled jobs. We had a child and for a time he was a "sahd" - I use this loosely because although this was something we had discussed, mainly because it was  cheaper than daycare, all he really ever did was watch tv and sit on the couch. I took care of the house, I made the money to pay all of the bills  and I took ds to every appointment, every activity, etc. I eventually put ds in daycare, and dh still "stayed home". When he finally got a job, I asked him for a divorce. My lawyer told me that if he asked for it, he would probably get some alimony and half my 401k. So I supported a person with no ambition who happily lived off of the life I busted my butt to provide and now I am trying to get away from that person and I have to pay again. Luckily for me he did not request that, I made sure to give him pleny of money to get his new place set up and he had no debt and half the money in our account. But most men in this situation will have to pay, and I just think it' s completely unfair. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a feeling most women who don't agree with spousal support are:

1. Second wives, 2. not sahm's but want to be or 3. jealous

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Y'all are some cold hearted bitches, damn, lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)