Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband and I own a fish store- Ask my anything!

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:57 AM
  • 354 Replies
4 moms liked this

We have freshwater and saltwater. Our business started with installation and maintenance now we have a retail shop.

Ask anything you would like to know about chemistry, corals, equipment and fish and I will try to answer best I can! I want you to be happy with your aquarium!

If anyone is near Western North Carolina feel free to stop in and check us out!! If I have been helpful to you, Please like us on Facebook: ALSM INC :)

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pnukey
by Jenn on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:00 AM

We were told that our guppies would have tons of babies. They don't. :(   We buy fish to feed to the turtles and thought it would be great to have the guppies make us some more turtle food. How do we get our guppies to get it on?

Rhodin
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:01 AM
2 moms liked this

Are you sure your guppies are opposite genders?  Just sayin.

Quoting Pnukey:

We were told that our guppies would have tons of babies. They don't. :(   We buy fish to feed to the turtles and thought it would be great to have the guppies make us some more turtle food. How do we get our guppies to get it on?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:01 AM
How much for a seahorse??
xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Idle curiosity here - DF's parents had a freshwater fish that had been healthy one day he stopped eating. Eventually they found him floating belly-up but not dead. He righted himself but still seemed sick, wouldn't eat. He hung in for months while slowly losing weight and eventually died. Tank was clean, other fish in the tank was fine, nothing was visibly wrong with this fellow. Any idea what the issue might have been?

I don't know the fish type; probably something you wouldn't have much experience with since I'm pretty sure it was just your average small lake fish, but I figured I might as well ask just in case.

MamaRae85
by *you're on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM

sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting Rhodin:

Quoting Pnukey:

Pnukey
by Jenn on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:07 AM

We can't tell! The pet store said they are though, so we have to go with that. 

Quoting Rhodin:

Quoting Pnukey:

JadeStorm
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:11 AM

What is a good "First fish" for kids? Something better than a goldfish,..my 8 year old wants a fish bad...

Johariz
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Do you keep them in the same tank as the turtles? What you need to do is have two females per male at least. So say, six females, three males. Keep them in their own tank. Of course the guppies must be adults. Make sure the tank you keep them in is the proper temperature and has good filtration. Also make sure there are lots of places for baby guppies to hide as the adults will eat their young. I like using live plants such as anacharis (gold fish grass) for this. When you see baby guppies it's best to remove them from the parent tank into a tank of their own.

So you'd have at least two tanks with guppies in them. I used to breed guppies to sell. They're fun and quite easy.

Quoting Pnukey:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
acaisha
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:14 AM

my convicts had babies.. best way to keep them alive?

Tatiana7
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM
It sounds very serene to have fish tanks around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)