Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Light the whitehouse gold in september for childhood cancer! 25,000 signatures by feb. 6th! We can do this!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/light-white-house-gold-month-september-honor-pediatric-cancer-fighters-and-bring-light-cause/syV6M6wX

Not asking for donations. Just that we get 25,000 signatures by february to light the whitehouse gold in the month of september. Childhood cancer needs more recognition and more being done for these poor kids.

I told her I would do this. Ronan Thompson's mommy. He died when he was 3 from Neuroblastoma. His mommy is doing everything in her power to raise awareness, because there simply isnt enough being done to help the poor kids dying from childhood cancer. If you ever get a chance, read her blog. Shes doing amazing things. Taylor swift wrote the song "Ronan" after reading the blog. Rockstarronan.com

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Please, it only takes a minute. Thank you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Theres already a ribbon for childhood cancer.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:53 AM
It already is:
http://www.google.com/search?q=ribbon+for+childhood+cancer&num=10&hl=en&tbm=isch&oq=ribbon+for+childh&gs_l=mobile-heirloom-hp.1.0.0i24.1772.7161.0.10322.19.12.0.7.7.0.131.1093.9j3.12.0...0.0...1ac.MG04237BlYQ
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Bump

I told her I would do this. Ronan Thompson's mommy. He died when he was 3 from Neuroblastoma. His mommy is doing everything in her power to raise awareness, because there simply isnt enough being done to help the poor kids dying from childhood cancer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Sad.

I know someone out there has a heart. Maybe not many in this forum.

katiew2012
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I'll ask again, since the previous post got so rudely deleted.

What good will coloring the WH gold for a month do for children with cancer?

Not a damn thing. Just like changing fb pink won't do a thing for breast cancer.

Placing colored lights on the White House will not cure cancer. If the white house changes the color to gold for this cause, I want to see them make it orange every march for MS awareness, pink in October for breast cancer awareness, and every other color every other month for every other awareness ribbon.

this petittion, even if it gets 25,000 sigs by early February will not have any play with the WH. It is a waste of valuable time, even if 2 minutes.

Katie, proud wife of a railroader, and a future mother-to-be! 

I am the admin for a fb group for women who love a railroader. If you love a railroader, please join us. Search for Railroad Wives, Girlfriends, and Significant Others.

I only reply if I've been quoted, or I happen to look and see a response. So, if you want to discuss with me, please quote me. :) Thank-you and good day!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this

It could raise awareness. The only thing everyone gives any attention to is breast cancer, really. So if this helps, even just a little bit, why not?

We know its not going to cure cancer. And yes, they should do it a different color for each month. Whats wrong with that? Its so simple, not harming anything or anyone.

It's not singling out any one race, gender, religion, etc. so I dont see what the big deal is.

Quoting katiew2012:

I'll ask again, since the previous post got so rudely deleted.

What good will coloring the WH gold for a month do for children with cancer?

Not a damn thing. Just like changing fb pink won't do a thing for breast cancer.

Placing colored lights on the White House will not cure cancer. If the white house changes the color to gold for this cause, I want to see them make it orange every march for MS awareness, pink in October for breast cancer awareness, and every other color every other month for every other awareness ribbon.

this petittion, even if it gets 25,000 sigs by early February will not have any play with the WH. It is a waste of valuable time, even if 2 minutes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)