Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Was your wedding a big deal to you? Where did you get married?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies

I want to get married out of the country, somewhere romantic. I don't want a HUGE wedding but I would like to get married somewhere beautiful. Was your wedding a big deal to you? Where did you get married?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:31 PM

It was the most important day of my life. We married out of state in Reno, Nevada at a chapel.

MaryanneMac
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:32 PM

We got married at the courthouse, then hubby was deployed.  When he came back we had our wedding.  It was everything that we wanted.

jillbailey26
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Not really.  I just wanted it to be all over so I could get on with my life.  I don't really like being the center of attention.  We got married in a house in the city we currently live in.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Yes it was a huge day to me. I got married in my church and had my reception at a hall in my town. We had about 125 guests. I would never choose to marry far away. I would want my family to be present .

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:34 PM

It was.  We were married in my childhood church.

skittlebeans88
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:34 PM
we got married in the courthouse. and no it wasn't the most important day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I planned my wedding in 2 days but it was damn near perfect.

HPfanatic
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Getting married was a big deal, not the wedding. We got married at the courthouse.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sarina.c.c
by Reen on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:35 PM
I want the works for my wedding. DF knows this. We plan on getting married in PA so both of our families can attend.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Frosting
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:36 PM

No, it wasn't.  I wanted the marriage but everyone around me forced the "wedding" on me.  I got married in a church, the whole 9 yards.  I would have been just as married had we gone to the courthouse.  Everyone told me if I didn't go through with the big wedding that I would end up regretting it later.  Well, it's nearly 20 years later and I still regret having to go through all that pomp and circumstance and wish so badly everyone had just minded their own business let me do it the way I wanted to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)