Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

poor people wonder why theyre poor

Posted by   + Show Post
Its not rocket science. You get your tax refund and buy stupid shit you don't need. then come on here the next month bitching that your lights are getting turned off, or all you have to eat is ramen. Why not use it to pay off a bill put it in savings or invest in something.

Eta. Funny example.

So I had a friend who decided she wanted a car. She got her income tax back and brought the car she had to have. I should add, this was her first car and she had just gotten her license a month prior. Anyway, she has the car that she spent her entire return on. What she didn't take into account was insurance, gas, maintenance, etc. She didn't even have the car 90 days. Poor thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Replies (41-50):
lovinglife0682
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:44 PM
People on here. I don't understand it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Who the hell gets 10K back?

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Just think. They could get $10,000 back. If they put it away. That is close to an extra $1000 a month.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Between s/o and I, we will be getting around $11k.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Just think. They could get $10,000 back. If they put it away. That is close to an extra $1000 a month.

bellaamore
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Lol, i know why im "poor" and it has nothing to do with tax returns. It is sometng out of our control, mostly.

And, weve never gotten a return, t if we do get one, itll be saved or go towards anything that needs to be repaired or paid immediately.

JakesMom712
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Df gets 150 a week for rooms, outside of university city you can get a 1bd apt for that. But hey, I'm not complaining. Lol

Quoting lovinglife0682:

That is great you are in a college area. I know my rent in a college area was insanely high. But landlords can get it.

Quoting JakesMom712:

I live in Philly. Depending on where I can buy a house, ill either rent to students or section 8. My df does this for a living. He rents mostly to students-upenn not temple. Lol

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Be careful with that. My parents own sober living house. The turn over rate is crazy. They had one room that had 4 different girls on 3 months.

Quoting JakesMom712:

I'm not rich either. I plan to be one day. Next years return I'm buying a rehab house. This year I'm paying off my student loan. I figure I buy one rehab house a year, by the time I retire, I can live off that income.

Quoting mem82:

These fights are always amusing to me because I'm not poor and I'm not rich...I'm just boring middle class. How come no one ever makes snarky comments about us, huh???

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellaamore
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Quoting JenB1983:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Thats a huge amount. 

illinoismommy83
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

People hate the middle class too. How dare you be middle class! Either invest more and become rich or donate more to the poor. Grrr. And I like cats and cheeseburgers.

Quoting mem82:

These fights are always amusing to me because I'm not poor and I'm not rich...I'm just boring middle class. How come no one ever makes snarky comments about us, huh???

helema24
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:46 PM

IF th egov had given us our tax returns instead of keeping them over something that happened 7 years ago (we came to them with the problem to fix it not the other way around) then mabey we wouldnt be begging for stuff!!

power bitch slap internetMuslim Cat prays towards Mecca. LoL by: wirgylovesamletoandshayaprofessor cat. replySPOCK'S MILKSHAKE[]

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I have four kids and I'm not getting 10k back. If I did, I'd go to Disney. LOLOLOL

Quoting puertoricangeek:

This year? anyone who has more than 2 kids!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lovinglife0682:

lovinglife0682
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:47 PM
My parents pay $750 a month for my sisters room by the beach and the place is all college kids. It is crazy.

Quoting JakesMom712:

Df gets 150 a week for rooms, outside of university city you can get a 1bd apt for that. But hey, I'm not complaining. Lol

Quoting lovinglife0682:

That is great you are in a college area. I know my rent in a college area was insanely high. But landlords can get it.

Quoting JakesMom712:

I live in Philly. Depending on where I can buy a house, ill either rent to students or section 8. My df does this for a living. He rents mostly to students-upenn not temple. Lol

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Be careful with that. My parents own sober living house. The turn over rate is crazy. They had one room that had 4 different girls on 3 months.

Quoting JakesMom712:

I'm not rich either. I plan to be one day. Next years return I'm buying a rehab house. This year I'm paying off my student loan. I figure I buy one rehab house a year, by the time I retire, I can live off that income.

Quoting mem82:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:47 PM

so you like giving out interest free loans?  where can i apply?

Quoting JenB1983:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)