Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

poor people wonder why theyre poor

Posted by   + Show Post
Its not rocket science. You get your tax refund and buy stupid shit you don't need. then come on here the next month bitching that your lights are getting turned off, or all you have to eat is ramen. Why not use it to pay off a bill put it in savings or invest in something.

Eta. Funny example.

So I had a friend who decided she wanted a car. She got her income tax back and brought the car she had to have. I should add, this was her first car and she had just gotten her license a month prior. Anyway, she has the car that she spent her entire return on. What she didn't take into account was insurance, gas, maintenance, etc. She didn't even have the car 90 days. Poor thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Replies (51-60):
imultracool
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Same here. Its ALL going toward bills. Even after paying off bills Ill still be poor. Guess thats useless shit huh? Dumb bitch.

Quoting LucyHourglass:

im poor and plan to put our refund towards bills...

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes....it is. Compliments of EIC. :-/

But, it will hopefully be the only year we qualify to receive it. So, if we can get it once and use it to help pull us out of the "poverty" class, I'll take it.

Quoting bellaamore:

Quoting JenB1983:

Between s/o and I, we will be getting around $11k.

Quoting Anonymous:

Who the hell gets 10K back?

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Just think. They could get $10,000 back. If they put it away. That is close to an extra $1000 a month.

Thats a huge amount. 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:48 PM

*hangs head in shame* I am so sorry! I will try harder!

Quoting illinoismommy83:

People hate the middle class too. How dare you be middle class! Either invest more and become rich or donate more to the poor. Grrr. And I like cats and cheeseburgers.

Quoting mem82:

These fights are always amusing to me because I'm not poor and I'm not rich...I'm just boring middle class. How come no one ever makes snarky comments about us, huh???

paytertotsmomma
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:48 PM
I'm pretty poor. Me and dh work but we can pay our bills. This income tax we are remodeling the house. I'm excited :D
night.magic
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Each year with irs refund I get tires for our truck, whatever needs to be repaired on it etc. This year will get tires for truck plus tires, inspection sticker and wipers for my dd's car. IMO It isn't being wasteful, it'spaying for something needed. And there will surely be days later on in the year where we struggle but make ends meet. And if I want to take my girls, dh and myself for some new clothes damn straight I will cause we didn't do Christmas gifts etc.

Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:48 PM

How do you know she is poor? DH and I are consider middle class and we are getting back 9k this year. Got 4500 last year, and 12K the year before. We just overpay every year, plus write off medical expenses, bought a car which is a write off, have 2 kids and get the EIC from them, plus one of our children has a disability. You don't have to be poor to get a  big tax refund is all I am saying...

PerfectVirgo
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Not very common anymore...

Quoting TattooedMomto4:

That would take common sense.

Josie_P
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:49 PM
2 moms liked this

Yesterday was yoga pants day, today is poor people day, wonder what tomorrow's topic will be...loll

shauna.robinson
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Were using our tax return to pay bills and take care of our licenses and and move back home where we have family and friends to help with the kids and we can get good jobs. I can't wait to get our tax return so we can move back home and be happier again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:50 PM
2 moms liked this
I really dislike post who stereotype a certain group of people.

I know why we are poor. We don't sit around and ask why are we poor. We plan our budget so we can get out of debt. I don't know how much we will get back for taxes, but most of it is for bills. The rest we are putting into our savings. We aren't on PA either.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN