Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"Mama whook (look)..... phttttt" lol.... 2 year olds.....

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:06 PM
  • 17 Replies

Our oldest is 28 almost 29 months old. He's well, he's a boys boy type. Climbing, jumping, no fear, stinky and dirty no matter how many times a day I rub him down, and yes both boys get a bath DAILY! Off topic to the post~ but seriously, how do boys get SO dirty just being home all day playing! I clean this house nearly top to bottom daily, so really... how?

In any case, he's potty training, and we have been trying every creative way to get his turkey to go to the potty. Now some of you will not like this next part, but hey, it works....

Our family likes to laugh at farting, not so much in public, but in the privacy of our home we like to have fun. Between my husband and my dad someone taught him to squat and PUSH his farts out. So I've been using that to my advantage to get him to sit on his potty to go.

Today, however, after we get home from grocery shopping, and I get it all unloaded and put away, I nurse my almost 9 month old. I get him settled for nap and lay him down. Then my 2 year old goes,

"Mama whook! (look).... {he's climbing off of the couch, squats down and grunts as he pushes a far out} phhhhttttt" lol. I then go, "Hey you got to go bye? Got to go potty?" "yeshhhhhhhh mama, gotta go bye!" "Okay lets pull your big boy pants down!"

He does, he sits down and does it three more times, before he goes poop in his potty! Hey, it works, and it's kind of funny. Now I would be slightly mortified if he were to do this in public.

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marinesweetie
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Hey what ever works! We had ds peeing outside... He had no issue pooping in the potty.. I got lucky with that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Eagle293
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Whatever works.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
macysmom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:11 PM
29 months.... LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
indyb
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:13 PM

I say whatever works when it comes to potty training!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Awe is it too hard to add up the months in your head?  That's 2 years and 5 months for the special people!

Quoting macysmom:

29 months.... LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:16 PM

LOL... I love lil guys and the way they talk.    I also agree with you about using what you have to work with . Especially when it comes to Potty training. !

I have a 2 1/2 yr old.  He was doing great with his Potty training . Until we moved!   Grr... Now he won't go near the potty. I am still trying every day.    I refuse to *force* the issue because I know how that can end up. I just stay consistent.  Even his 5 yr old brother is trying to show him it's ok to go . :)

macysmom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Oh I know what it is.. just ridiculous to say months after 18.

Quoting Anonymous:

Awe is it too hard to add up the months in your head?  That's 2 years and 5 months for the special people!

Quoting macysmom:

29 months.... LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ExquisiteMomof2
by PHOTOGMOM on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Quoting marinesweetie:

Hey what ever works! We had ds peeing outside... He had no issue pooping in the potty.. I got lucky with that

lol, It's hit or miss with both with my son. Doesn't help when he will only use the potty for me, and no one else. =/

ExquisiteMomof2
by PHOTOGMOM on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Quoting indyb:

I say whatever works when it comes to potty training!

lol, that's what I've pretty much come to the conclusion of.

ExquisiteMomof2
by PHOTOGMOM on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL... I love lil guys and the way they talk.    I also agree with you about using what you have to work with . Especially when it comes to Potty training. !

I have a 2 1/2 yr old.  He was doing great with his Potty training . Until we moved!   Grr... Now he won't go near the potty. I am still trying every day.    I refuse to *force* the issue because I know how that can end up. I just stay consistent.  Even his 5 yr old brother is trying to show him it's ok to go . :)

lol, oh I know, his conversations are getting funnier and funnier every day with every new thing he learns and that we can understand. It's funny because people look at me like, "um what did he just say?"

His sentence might be something like, "Mama, Dada, bebe, wit da choo choo, and no more bebe wit da choo choo, no me choo choo, tink you mama, dada, mine choo choo, yay!" lol. Translates to: Mom and dad took baby (brother) away from my choo choo table, thank you Mom and dad, my choo choo's, yay! lol. Love it. I swear they need to teach toddler talk in school, although that would be hard since every toddler I have met has their own sort of language, to which their parents or close family members can translate.

He was doing well with the potty training, until brother was born. We also are not pushing it, we just go with the flow. I've heard horror stories of pushing it. We pretty much do a lot of child led anything here, except, they know the rules, and discipline is swift. If something does work, then we try a new discipline tactic. Right now, with my 2 year old, corner time out seems to be working best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)