Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Guess the weight and date! *Winner Announced*

Posted by   + Show Post

Cassie2115 is the winner according to my spreadsheet.  She had the smallest guess on 2/26/13 which put her the closest.  If there are any errors on my part, I am sorry. I did the best I could to monitor the entries.  

If Cassie2115 does not respond in a reasonable amount of time, I will award the prize to the next closest entry.

**Giveaway is closed to all further entries as of 2/12/13 12:08AM CST.  No new guesses or revisions of old guesses will be accepted.  The next step will be the announcement of the winner**

**I have about 400 good entries right now and about 50 more than can still try to get an entry made.  Hopefully, I didn't make any mistakes adding entries or allow any duplicates.  If I made any errors, I am sorry.**

**I am closing this giveaway to all new entries.  I will try to get everyone entered that has attempted to enter at this point.  I am getting far enough along that it literally could be any time, so no more entries will be allowed at this point. I will continue to quote people when I have them entered or ask them to try again if their guess has already been taken.**

**I am temporarily closing the giveaway to new entries until I get caught up on the ones I have and get everyone that has tried to enter entered.  I will post a reply stating that entries are closed for now and any new entry after that will be disregarded until reopened**

*I am working on creating a spreadsheet of guesses so that it will be easier for me to determine the winner.  I am going to be quoting replies as I add them to the spreadsheet so that I can capture what guess I have for each person. This will keep people from being able to go back and edit guesses the closer it gets to time. Also, if I come across duplicate answers, I will contact people to give them the opportunity to change their response before entries are closed.*

Okay, I am going to do a contest since I am getting so excited about my new little guy.  I want everyone to guess the date that my baby will be born and then the weight. Date is the priority. Weight is secondary.

Whoever gets the right date and then the closest weight will be the winner.  If no one guesses the right date, then I will go plus/minus one day at a time and then see who got the closest guess to weight. If two people enter the same guess and it is the winning guess, the winner will be the first one that replied.

Whoever wins will get a $100 Amazon gift card.  You cannot reply anonymously if you want to enter.  You must be willing to give me an address or email for me to send the gift card to. The contest will be open until I announce that I am in labor and then no more entries will be taken. One entry per person. Please put your entries in X lbs. and X oz.

Here is some info to guide your guesses:

I am due March 1st with a baby boy. 

My previous babies weighed: 6lbs. 14oz., 6 lbs. 11oz., 5 lbs. 11oz., and 7lbs. 2oz.

My babies were born at exactly 39 weeks, early week 38, late week 37, and exactly 36 weeks.

I am now 34 weeks and 1 day pregnant and have gained about 10 lbs.  With my last pregnancies, I gained around 25 lbs., 20 lbs., 8 lbs, and either 4lbs. or 6 lbs. with the last one. I don't remember exactly.

This baby has a different father than my last ones.  His previous children were not big babies either.

The baby dropped the day I turned 34 weeks, but I do not know if he will stay in that position.

If you want any more info or if any "rules" need to be clarified (just in case I didn't think of something), just ask.

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Replies (1261-1270):
TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Got you entered!

Quoting lilygracesmoma:

Same date,

6lbs 1oz

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Someone made that guess before you. Would you like to make a new guess?

Quoting lilygracesmoma:

Feb 26th

7lbs 5oz

TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Taken too.  Keep trying, we will find one that works!

Quoting angie729:

Ok...what about Feb 22 6lbs 4 oz

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Someone made that guess before you. Would you like to make another guess?

Quoting angie729:

6lbs 7oz Feb 26

TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:14 AM

That one is taken too...lol. It is a very popular day for guesses. Keep trying, my love.  :)

Quoting Crashly:

6 lbs 8 oz, still vday

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Quoting Crashly:

Feb 14, 6 lbs. 11 oz.

angie729
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Feb 24 6lb 1oz

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Taken too.  Keep trying, we will find one that works!

Quoting angie729:

Ok...what about Feb 22 6lbs 4 oz

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Quoting angie729:

6lbs 7oz Feb 26

TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Keep trying...we will find one!

Quoting LCG83:

2/26
6lb4oz

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Quoting LCG83:

2/28
6lb 4oz

TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Got you in that time!

Quoting stef1976:

February 26
8lbs 8oz

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Someone made that guess before you. Would you like to guess again?

Quoting stef1976:

February 26 6lbs8oz

TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:17 AM

I would prefer he stays in as long as possible and remain healthy.  :)  I would be fine with going past 40.

Quoting bustybee:

as much as I like to win, I would rather the young man bake a little longer just to be safe. are you hoping for 37 weeks or the full 40?

Quoting TrouserMouse:

2 more days!  I started going into labor last night.  I drank a bunch of water and relaxed.  I was having contractions for about 12 hours though. They finally stopped this morning. So close!  You must have been feeling my labor vibes when you guessed.  :)

Quoting bustybee:

so how ya feeling? do you think you are gonna hit 36 weeks? (even if it means I was wrong lol)

TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Keep trying...we will get you entered!  :)

Quoting BabyDamien13107:

Same date (2/28/13) and 6.9 lbs.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Someone else made that guess before you. Would you like to make another guess?

Quoting BabyDamien13107:

February 28 (my grandma's birthday) and 6.11 lbs :)

TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:20 AM

You are entered!

Quoting BREN_da:

Feb 3
5 lbs 14 oz

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Quoting BREN_da:

Feb. 26
6 lbs 8 oz

TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Lol...don't be sorry. Just keep trying until we find one that works.  :)  That one was taken too.  There are lots of entries, so lots of duplicates.

Quoting Mom2MikeynLando:

Gosh, im sorry..  :)

February 20th

7 pounds 1 ounce

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Someone guessed that one too.  :)  Keep trying. I am patient.

Quoting Mom2MikeynLando:

Sure, my new guess will be

February 20

6 pounds 3 oz

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Someone made that guess before you. Would you like to change your guess?

Quoting Mom2MikeynLando:

Feb 20th and 6 lbs 12 oz Congratulations!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN