Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Sofa? Love it? Hate it?

Is yours top grain leather?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Replies (11-19):
UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Yep

Quoting AliKatAK47:

I have a set. They are soft. Although I have no idea if it is real Leather. It is from Raymour and Flannagen (sp?).
Famousglm714
by Gina on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:08 PM
They look so easy to clean. It's just not my style though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:09 PM

No. My evil cat would tear it to shreds.

CuriousArentYa
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this

We had one and I couldn't stand it. After a while the velcro that held the cushions in place didn't hold very well and the cushions were always sliding. In cold weather it would make me cold to the core if I wasn't wrapped in a blanket. In hot weather you stuck to it. We ended up giving it away.

I don't even like leather seats in my car.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this

If I ever buy any leather furniture, I would buy Full-Grain. This will develop a Patine over time instead of wearing out or have a "worn" look to the leather

Susanmomof
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:34 AM

Yes we do and I love it and it's top grain leather

angelmj
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:37 AM

My parents had a really nice one growing up and I hated it, my ass would get stuck to it and I would sweat. Then they bought a velvet couch, I FUCKING HATE THE FEEL OF VELVET! I just stick with the normal couches of ones made of microfiber, they are easy to keep clean. 

Bauxite-17
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Ugh....fucking hated the one we used to have. We had this leather sofa chair...I forget what they called, its too late at night to really think, but it was all leather. It looked nice, it was big and it looked comfy, but you can't sit in it during the summer, because you sweat and it just gets so uncomfortable and sticky, and in the winter, the chair is FREEZING, and then you can put a blanket on it, but that just moves around all over it and it never stays put...and you know what, its uncomfortable. It was hard, but soft. Like it wasn't like sitting on a rock or anything, but it was like sitting on a cake with a hard shell, if that makes any sense.

Don't do it. It looks nice, but soooooo not worth the money.

NBean311
by Chivette on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:44 AM

I do. It's not as comfortable as my cloth sofa, but it wears well. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)