Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i take care of this old man

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
Monday thru Friday. I do his cleaning and help him with his activities..like doctor and grocery and pharmacy.
He however does not let me cook. He sends me to subway to get his 7 foot longs every Friday..then I have to individually wrap each half and store them in the fridge. He eats a half at lunch and another half at dinner every day of the week. For breakfast I take him to cracker barrell..everyday except the weekends cause I don't work then.

I have asked him repeatedly to let me cook him some meals. Even bag some up and frreze them for a crockpot. He says no. I brought him some dinner on Tuesday night and he refused it.

His wife was the last to use the kitchen and besides the fridge and sink he doesn't want to destroy that part of her.

I've talked to his son ( who employs me) and he says that the doctor says its fine.

Idk. It bugs me. I just wish he would let me cook
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:26 PM
3 moms liked this
Let. It. Go.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:27 PM

LOL awwww that's  cute

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:28 PM
He isn't getting his nutritional needs met though. Idk if his son talked to his doctor. I'm not allowed to talk to him and wait in the waiting rooms

I worry about him. Is that so bad?

Quoting anyotherday:

Let. It. Go.

TTC2Long
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Seriously.

Quoting anyotherday:

Let. It. Go.
Aleta775
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Leave him alone. Just do your job, and don't worry about it. If he is healthy it is not really your place to push the issue. 

sburst
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Awe that's sad. But I'd do what he asked since he wants to keep that part of his wife. Maybe offer to bring something from home?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:30 PM
I am a home health aide and I seriously worry about him. I didn't realize I should blow this off.

I worry about him. I spend more time with him than his son does. I just worry.

Quoting TTC2Long:

Seriously.

Quoting anyotherday:

Let. It. Go.

-42-
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Leave him be.

Maybe talk to his son about giving him supplements and washing them down with an Ensure in the morning.

Old dudes are stubborn!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Frosting
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:30 PM

I would let it go as well.  Old men can be amazingly stuck in their ways.  I don't think it's a fight you can win.  It is his house, after all.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:30 PM

you could always sneak some food in his sub way or make it at home carry it in a cooler an wrap it in a sub ways wraping?

Um figure out how to get the sub way bowls an bring him soup from"sub way" ?  or just let it be as long as he is eating some what healthy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)