Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sleepovers

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

In your honest opinion what age is to young for your child to sleep over at someone's house. 

My dd is 7 yo and she has a little girl that she has just recently become good friends with.  I really do not know the parents but I am making a effort and talking to the mom more and more.  They seem like they are nice but I am still apprehensive about letting her sleep over at their house.  My dh is totally against letting our dd sleep over at anyone of her friends houses with her only being 7 yo. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

My son had his first sleep over when he was 4/5.

Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I wouldn't let her go if I did not know the parents really well. Probably would only her go to grandparents houses that young.

anonymous92
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I have 7 year old b/g twins. I can't bring myself to allow them to go to sleep overs yet either. They're ready but I'm not. Lol.

And a lot has to do with me not really knowing the parents.

LilliesValley
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:30 PM

I slept over at friends houses at 5-6, but I look back now and think my parents were crazy. We do sleep overs at the grandparents and all but another family, no. I have one friend of my daughters whose mom is a friend of mine, but I'm still so aprehensive about it. I think you just have to really know the family well and trust your gut. Also, maybe consider having the friend come to your house first. But I would really get to know the family a lot better.

DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:30 PM
We've only let our kids sleep at grandparents houses until they turn 8 and then only if I knew the parents really well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:30 PM

I pretty much feel the same way.  I dh would not allow our 10 yo ds to do an away camp for a week this past summer.  I did tell him that we will let him do an overnight camp this summer whether my dh likes it or not.  lol

Quoting anonymous92:

I have 7 year old b/g twins. I can't bring myself to allow them to go to sleep overs yet either. They're ready but I'm not. Lol.

And a lot has to do with me not really knowing the parents.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:31 PM

For me it is more about the maturity of my child, and how well they sleep at night.  Most importantly, it has to be a family that I know really, really well and trust really well.

jcampbell288
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:31 PM
she was 6
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:32 PM

My oldest goes to her cusins an my mom an dh mom but no where else. Im sure Ill be the mom who will let every one sleep over though lol. In fact my daughter has friends that would rahter come here then go to thier house lol.

Autumn19
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:34 PM
ds is 6 and i dont like the idea of sleep overs especially when you dont know the parents and all the pervs in the world.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)