Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Food Service Secrets!!! update

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

post them here! what REALLY goes on in those kitchens at McDonalds? What's in that chili at Wendys?

So I posted one of my stories on page 11, but here's another one. From good ole Applebees

I once had a table of the BITCHIEST girls you had ever seen. I am talking the kind of girls you see on TV who think they are the shit. I'm Hispanic, so they were talking reeeeally slow to me, as if I couldn't understand English.

Well, the busboy heard what was going on and told the chef. When the chef recieved their order, he coughed all over their food as he was making it, and "accidently" sneezed in their salads.

The kicker? They thought the food was delicious, and I got a twenty dollar tip, which I immeadiately gave to the chef

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Replies (21-30):
PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:13 PM

The onions on the hamburgers at McDonalds are dehydrated. They're reconstituted in water.

vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:14 PM

At the KFC I worked at in high school had Roaches that would crawl in the food at the buffet.........

ladybugist
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:16 PM

----if-----if any of you ladies are familiar with Waffle House---well we were having bkft and one of the servers was cleaning tables----she threw the towel and it landed on the silverware----when she notices it she just got the towel and went on about her business----well we told the manager and she told someone else to pull the silverware---needless to say we do not go there anymore.

428pm
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Im not saying it does or doesnt,  but Ive made soy at home and its cooked that way, adn Ive never seen meat that did that

Quoting RissyLee:

I read somewhere that the meat for Taco Bell does have a lot of soy in it

Quoting 428pm:

I worked at pizza hut as a young adult and taco bell and pizza hut are the same compnay, the meat would sometimes come to our kitchen and then be driven over by the manager.

It comes in bags as liquid, you boil the stuff bag and all and it solidifies into taco meat.  Makes you wonder if it's soy?!!

And Ive never seen anyone spit in anyones food or mess with it.

I worked for 3 yrs as a tim hortons drive through manager, please dont raise your voice and yell into the speaker, it hurts the workers ears.  When you sing in the car to your radio we hear that.  The speaker doesnt turn off until you drive off the pad.

Pizza hut crusts are made my proofing them in a cm of oil *gag*

RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:19 PM
I haven't read the article in a long time, but I think they got sued over it. I think that it's only like 35% or 36% meat and the rest is soy, wheat, and other fillers.

Quoting 428pm:

Im not saying it does or doesnt,  but Ive made soy at home and its cooked that way, adn Ive never seen meat that did that

Quoting RissyLee:

I read somewhere that the meat for Taco Bell does have a lot of soy in it

Quoting 428pm:

I worked at pizza hut as a young adult and taco bell and pizza hut are the same compnay, the meat would sometimes come to our kitchen and then be driven over by the manager.

It comes in bags as liquid, you boil the stuff bag and all and it solidifies into taco meat.  Makes you wonder if it's soy?!!

And Ive never seen anyone spit in anyones food or mess with it.

I worked for 3 yrs as a tim hortons drive through manager, please dont raise your voice and yell into the speaker, it hurts the workers ears.  When you sing in the car to your radio we hear that.  The speaker doesnt turn off until you drive off the pad.

Pizza hut crusts are made my proofing them in a cm of oil *gag*

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Thomasmom07
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:19 PM
At the McDonalds I use to work at served their tea in bulk. They had a 50 gallon barrel in the cooler and use CO2 to pump it to the front well they only cleaned the tea lines once a week (if that) so can you imagine the gunk and nasty crap that built up in the lines. When I would go back there to fill up the barrel because it was running low sometimes the lines (that are suppose to be clear) were black! So I don't drink tea from any fast food restaurant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:20 PM

back in 1987, I was visiting Gonzales La while my fiance was working there. I would meet him at the waffle House everyday when he got off work. One day it was sooo nasty hot and so humid that the air was literally wringing wet. This guy came in and got a cup of coffee to go, he handed the cashier a wet dollar bill out of his pocket. She said, "Ewww gross", laughed then promptly put the dollar on a waffle iron and closed the lid. The dollar steamed dry and she put it in the till

428pm
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:22 PM

isnt that the american pizza place that actually apologized to its customers for sucking?

Quoting Anonymous:

I've worked at 2 burger kings...nothing nasty to tell of. I've had friends who worked at taco bell & mcdonalds with no gross stories. Now domino's? I heard nasty shit about that place all the time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Lol...I have no idea. I haven't eaten there in YEARS. I wouldn't be suprised, though. I know they just revamped everything, so you're probably right.

Quoting 428pm:

isnt that the american pizza place that actually apologized to its customers for sucking?

Quoting Anonymous:

I've worked at 2 burger kings...nothing nasty to tell of. I've had friends who worked at taco bell & mcdonalds with no gross stories. Now domino's? I heard nasty shit about that place all the time.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:29 PM
My brother in law works at tack bell, he was eating a burrito thing (don't remember which one, it had that green sauce) and he found.......
A worm/baby snake!!! He sent me pics but I dont have them on this phone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN