Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Food Service Secrets!!! update

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

post them here! what REALLY goes on in those kitchens at McDonalds? What's in that chili at Wendys?

So I posted one of my stories on page 11, but here's another one. From good ole Applebees

I once had a table of the BITCHIEST girls you had ever seen. I am talking the kind of girls you see on TV who think they are the shit. I'm Hispanic, so they were talking reeeeally slow to me, as if I couldn't understand English.

Well, the busboy heard what was going on and told the chef. When the chef recieved their order, he coughed all over their food as he was making it, and "accidently" sneezed in their salads.

The kicker? They thought the food was delicious, and I got a twenty dollar tip, which I immeadiately gave to the chef

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Dh worked at Arbys in a gas station when he was 19. You know that awesome roas beef...yeah well it comes in a giant gelationus bloob. Its then baked and comes out looking like roast beef. Just because they slice it there does NOT make it good lol. Dh said he would carve it into a face while still gelatin then it would come out looking like a burnt head. 

I worked at Quiznos and honestly it was really good. The food in the tables were on a strict rotation although we were constantly replenishing. Veggies were bought and we chopped them ourselves, I chopped so many onions its crazy. The meat all came from the main quiznos facility we used the juices from the meat to make the au ju(sp). Everything was really strict on how long it could be there or it had to be tossed.

singlemom1208
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:33 PM
I didn't know that about Taco Bell. I might not eat there again. But it's delicious!!

Op, I worked for papa johns, donatos and steak-n-shake. No horror stories.

Quoting 428pm:

I worked at pizza hut as a young adult and taco bell and pizza hut are the same compnay, the meat would sometimes come to our kitchen and then be driven over by the manager.

It comes in bags as liquid, you boil the stuff bag and all and it solidifies into taco meat.  Makes you wonder if it's soy?!!

And Ive never seen anyone spit in anyones food or mess with it.

I worked for 3 yrs as a tim hortons drive through manager, please dont raise your voice and yell into the speaker, it hurts the workers ears.  When you sing in the car to your radio we hear that.  The speaker doesnt turn off until you drive off the pad.

Pizza hut crusts are made my proofing them in a cm of oil *gag*

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Boston Market

One time my manager got yelled at by a customer because the chicken wasn't to her liking and she wanted it done some more, so my manager said just a few more minutes. The lady went to sit down and wait and when she did my manager dug all the way to the back of the warmer where there was 2 pieces of chicken left over. She said, " I'm going to give this bitch the nastiest fucking chicken that we have". They were all soaked in grease and looked like they were sitting there long. She then called the woman over and gave her the food. When she walked away my manager looked at me and said " take this as a lesson, don't ever get nasty with someone who is handling your food!"
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:34 PM
I worked at shoneys. The eggs for the buffet, came in a bag, all the meat, pancakes etc. Came frozen in a bag, all they did was heat it up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:36 PM
My coworker peed in the dish sink. It was after hours and he rinsed it after. But yuck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:38 PM
I was a supervisor at K.F.C and there was this other supervisor who had long nasty natural nails. One night we were rushing to close the store and she had to mix the coleslaw for the next day I went to see what she was doing and she was mixing it with her bare hands...rings and all it was so gross.....also the toilets upstairs backed up into the basement where all the food was stored. We called it the swap we use to have to use the garbage can rollers to get accross the basment.
Beauty91805
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Yup, and so they changed their recipe and its a lot better but I avoid fast food now.

Quoting 428pm:

isnt that the american pizza place that actually apologized to its customers for sucking?

Quoting Anonymous:

I've worked at 2 burger kings...nothing nasty to tell of. I've had friends who worked at taco bell & mcdonalds with no gross stories. Now domino's? I heard nasty shit about that place all the time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:39 PM

I don't know about those places, but I worked with someone once that helped package the milk that goes to schools. She said if the date is close to being expired they will change the date on the cartons. That to me is just absolutely sick. Her and I worked together in an assisted living place and this came up when I opened the milk carton up that still had a week and a half before its expiration date to find curdled milk.

428pm
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:40 PM

isnt that illegal?

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know about those places, but I worked with someone once that helped package the milk that goes to schools. She said if the date is close to being expired they will change the date on the cartons. That to me is just absolutely sick. Her and I worked together in an assisted living place and this came up when I opened the milk carton up that still had a week and a half before its expiration date to find curdled milk.

Youngmother456
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Well the place I worked at promoted me to manager so I kept everything v
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured