Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Food Service Secrets!!! update

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

post them here! what REALLY goes on in those kitchens at McDonalds? What's in that chili at Wendys?

So I posted one of my stories on page 11, but here's another one. From good ole Applebees

I once had a table of the BITCHIEST girls you had ever seen. I am talking the kind of girls you see on TV who think they are the shit. I'm Hispanic, so they were talking reeeeally slow to me, as if I couldn't understand English.

Well, the busboy heard what was going on and told the chef. When the chef recieved their order, he coughed all over their food as he was making it, and "accidently" sneezed in their salads.

The kicker? They thought the food was delicious, and I got a twenty dollar tip, which I immeadiately gave to the chef

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:44 PM

That's what I asked her and her exact words to me were "Only if they get caught." Apparently this started years ago when they were getting more milk sent back to them than actually drank at the schools, so they started changing the dates on them and just re-circulating them. My mom works in a kindergarten class and she said they have problems all the time with curdled milk long before it's "Expiration" date.

Quoting 428pm:

isnt that illegal?

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know about those places, but I worked with someone once that helped package the milk that goes to schools. She said if the date is close to being expired they will change the date on the cartons. That to me is just absolutely sick. Her and I worked together in an assisted living place and this came up when I opened the milk carton up that still had a week and a half before its expiration date to find curdled milk.

mom_dl6
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:45 PM

I worked at Casey's (yrs ago) and yeah we miss their pizza,It is really good  for being sold at a convenient store!

Quoting Anonymous:

Most of Casey's food is all frozen stuff. Our pizza really is fresh dough.  I have customers that ask for their pizza a special way (usually thin crust) and to keep their loyalty I will make it that way. Only one person at a time works in the kitchen and when I work it stays clean and everything is washed before it is used again.

BewitchedKisses
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:47 PM

McDonald's hotcakes never touch the grill. They come in frozen and are microwaved.

And don't order the sausage gravy after 1pm at Bob Evan's. Most of the time it's the same gravy at 8pm.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:48 PM

It's a general store! Lol I called it a convenience store a couple weeks ago and one of my coworkers became extremely angry over it. I rolled my eyes and said not bending over backwards for it. I prefer Casey's pizza over pizza hut, but not Little Ceasars with my aunt working. Making pizza runs in the family lol.

Quoting mom_dl6:

I worked at Casey's (yrs ago) and yeah we miss their pizza,It is really good  for being sold at a convenient store!

Quoting Anonymous:

Most of Casey's food is all frozen stuff. Our pizza really is fresh dough.  I have customers that ask for their pizza a special way (usually thin crust) and to keep their loyalty I will make it that way. Only one person at a time works in the kitchen and when I work it stays clean and everything is washed before it is used again.

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:49 PM

When I was in my teens I worked at McD & Jack in the Box. Jack in the Box was funny cause on payday your check came with the Ralston/Purina chdckerboard on it.. They were the company owners. I've also worked at almost every Hotel kitchen on the Las Vegas strip and never saw anything ususual going on except that at the Hilton they make the Clam Chowder with Clam juice and finely chopped turkey meat instead of clams! LOL!

mom_dl6
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Touche Lol ;0)  and yeah when we lived in Ks. we would order Caseys pizza over PHut too ,the price was better and the taste as well,Our fav. was the Supreme Mmmmmmm. I really did like working there,We're in Wyoming now and they(well around us anyhoot)don't have any.I also always got coffee there loved it....What kind do they actually use do you know? I know it comes in the prepackage casey bags but is it a specific brand ?....I never found out when i was there LOL !

Quoting Anonymous:

It's a general store! Lol I called it a convenience store a couple weeks ago and one of my coworkers became extremely angry over it. I rolled my eyes and said not bending over backwards for it. I prefer Casey's pizza over pizza hut, but not Little Ceasars with my aunt working. Making pizza runs in the family lol.

Quoting mom_dl6:

Quoting Anonymous:

Sammybby09
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Gross to some of these. Lol. I think I'm gonna start eating out less..

When I worked at subway, we were good, for the most part.

There was this one time where we couldn't get rid of gnats.. They wouldn't go away. after weeks of the vinegar and soap trick, we got rid of them. But they loved the produce :/ especially the tomatoes. Someones people would get a gnat or two or at least one that had one on there. We tried our best to keep them out, but its almost impossible. We were just a drive through, so no one saw. We tried to throw away most of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mattiehatter
by Mary on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:10 PM

It's definitely not Folgers lol. I really don't know what kind of coffee it is. We're definitely a midwest chain though. I had someone call me about a week ago two minutes before I closed because they were not from anywhere that had a Casey's and had a serious craving the minute they got in. I was cranky while making it, but I did it lol. I'm pretty sure corporate is getting ready to discontinue one of my favorites (mac and cheese) because it's not selling much. I only order from my store and that's if I don't just make it myself while I'm at work because I want thin crust lol.

Lol well cats out of the bag. Too lazy to delete lol.

Quoting mom_dl6:

Touche Lol ;0)  and yeah when we lived in Ks. we would order Caseys pizza over PHut too ,the price was better and the taste as well,Our fav. was the Supreme Mmmmmmm. I really did like working there,We're in Wyoming now and they(well around us anyhoot)don't have any.I also always got coffee there loved it....What kind do they actually use do you know? I know it comes in the prepackage casey bags but is it a specific brand ?....I never found out when i was there LOL !

CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:19 PM
I worked at McDonalds in high school and while I've never seen anything really gross, the Dehydrated onions they put on the cheeseburgers always turned me off.
Photobucket
mom_dl6
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Ahhh well that sucks,I have never had better coffee anywhere since and if my son was there he would eat all your Mac n cheese,he could live on it alone LOL !

Quoting mattiehatter:

It's definitely not Folgers lol. I really don't know what kind of coffee it is. We're definitely a midwest chain though. I had someone call me about a week ago two minutes before I closed because they were not from anywhere that had a Casey's and had a serious craving the minute they got in. I was cranky while making it, but I did it lol. I'm pretty sure corporate is getting ready to discontinue one of my favorites (mac and cheese) because it's not selling much. I only order from my store and that's if I don't just make it myself while I'm at work because I want thin crust lol.

Lol well cats out of the bag. Too lazy to delete lol.

Quoting mom_dl6:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured