Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Natural mamas, really need help!

Posted by   + Show Post

My sister keeps getting a rash under her armpits and doesn't know what it's from. It's not fungal. She's gotten an antibiotic for it before, but it comes back.  She doesn't typically wear any deoderant so I don't think it's a reaction to that.  Any idea what she could use to get it to go away? Tea tree oil doesn't help.

Eta: She doesn't shave, use antiperspirant or deoderant.

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Replies (31-40):
bellaamore
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:11 PM
3 moms liked this

If she does coconut oil,it has to be unrefined,

The refined stuff isnt good like unrefined. Its like rubbing crisco under there. No good properties, no smell, just greasy.

Queen_Bree
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Shea Butter will provide improvement in all the conditions listed below. As you use this multi-purpose butter, you are likely to discover additional uses. The amount of time required for optimum results with various conditions may vary with each condition. Wrinkles, for example, require 4 to 6 weeks of daily use. Itching is relieved immediately.

Dry skin 
Skin rash 
Skin peeling, after tanning 
Blemishes and Wrinkles 
Itching skin 
Sunburn 
Shaving cream for a smooth silky shave 
Small skin wounds 
Skin cracks 
Tough or rough skin (Feet, Elbow) 
Cold weather 
Frost bites 
Stretch mark prevention during pregnancy 
Insect bites 
Healthy skin 
Muscle fatigue aches and tension 
For before and after strenuous exercise 
Skin allergies such as poison ivy or poison oak 
Eczema 
Dermatitis 
Skin damage from heat, hot grease while cooking, radiation treatment for certain medical problems... 

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Queen_Bree:

Try coconut oil. It works wonders for skin. Or a mix of coconut oil and raw shea butter. I wish her the best.

I've seen a few co replies. I'll let her know. What does the raw shea butter do?

Mazi184
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Ooh gotcha, well I'm out of ideas lol.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Mazi184:

Sounds like a razor rash to me.

She doesn't shave her pits, except when her hubby is home, which is only once every month or two.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Quoting bellaamore:

If she does coconut oil,it has to be unrefined,

The refined stuff isnt good like unrefined. Its like rubbing crisco under there. No good properties, no smell, just greasy.

Yep. :) I just got some co for my ds's eczema this week. :)

singlemom1208
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Maybe she should use deodorant. Could be chaffing? (Sp?)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Quoting singlemom1208:

Maybe she should use deodorant. Could be chaffing? (Sp?)

I was thinking of suggesting that. I seem to remember that she stopped using deoderant for some reason, but I'm going to ask her and see what she says. Thanks. :)

mich.el.le
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Quoting Mazi184:

Ooh gotcha, well I'm out of ideas lol.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Mazi184:

Sounds like a razor rash to me.

She doesn't shave her pits, except when her hubby is home, which is only once every month or two.

Yeah, I'm not really sure what to tell her either. lol  It could be any number of things that any number of remedies could solve. :)

wodntulk2kno1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:23 PM
When and if she does wear deodorant is it solid or gel? My son got a red rash that dried his skin from using the gel type of deodorant. He said it hurt like crazy too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:24 PM

I stopped using anti-perspirant/deodorant about 25+ years ago when I read about it contributing to alzheimers when I was in nursing school.  If you shave and shower often, and are not a person who sweats a lot, you don't get stinky.  Now that I'm in my 40's, and my hormones are starting to change, I'm finding in warm weather I need to use it on really hot days.  I only use Secret because it actually works.

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:24 PM

It could just be a rash from sweating.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)