Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Natural mamas, really need help!

Posted by   + Show Post

My sister keeps getting a rash under her armpits and doesn't know what it's from. It's not fungal. She's gotten an antibiotic for it before, but it comes back.  She doesn't typically wear any deoderant so I don't think it's a reaction to that.  Any idea what she could use to get it to go away? Tea tree oil doesn't help.

Eta: She doesn't shave, use antiperspirant or deoderant.

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Replies (71-79):
mich.el.le
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Not the anonymous you just quoted but isn't that how eczema works? It goes then comes back once you stop using the cream/steroid they prescribe?

I doubt that's what your sis has though. Not sure what it could be.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

It could be eczema. I have it periodically on my foot. I have done research and it's most likely caused by dairy and/or gluten.

Hope this helps some.

I didn't think about that. The only thing that makes me think it isn't eczema is that she was prescribed an antibiotic that made it go away for a little while.

Yes, more or less but an antibiotic wouldn't cause any change in it. She was given an antibiotic, not a steroid cream. :)

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Coconut oil : )

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Oil build up, dead skin cells.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting ColieO:

Blocked sweat glands?

If she doesn't use antipersperant, what would cause the blockage?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:59 PM

How do you know it isn't fungal?

mich.el.le
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Quoting TrouserMouse:

It's the same thing she had before and they tested it when she was at the doctor, I guess. And I would think if it was fungal the tto would work. 

TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Could it be friction? Does she run?

Maybe something she is actually excreting in her sweat?  Does she take any unusual supplements or anything?

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting TrouserMouse:

It's the same thing she had before and they tested it when she was at the doctor, I guess. And I would think if it was fungal the tto would work. 

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

It could just be a rash from sweating.

I don't think she really sweats, especially enough to cause a rash that won't go away.

Winter can be harsh on the skin, and I have horrible skin so I am constantly rashy during the winter months.

mich.el.le
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

I don't think she really sweats, especially enough to cause a rash that won't go away.

Winter can be harsh on the skin, and I have horrible skin so I am constantly rashy during the winter months.

She's had it in the summer too so I don't think it's weather related.

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

She's had it in the summer too so I don't think it's weather related.

I get horrible rashes in the summer as well. It's heat rashes. Having allergies really sucks during winter and summer. I only get a break during spring and fall.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)