Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wondering if My son is gay?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

My 9 year old son does have some feminine ways.  The other day I read a text message he wrote to a friend that said"I love you will you have sex with me?  when I confronted him he said it was a joke.  Do boys this age really joke about this or is he gay?  I told him I love him no matter what.  What do you think?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:05 PM
What the heck is a 9 year old texting anyone for?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:07 PM
4 moms liked this

Joke or not,  gay or not that is inappropriate behavior!

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Possibly. I'd be concerned about him texting or asking ANYONE to have sex with him, be it male or female. :/ 

And if he is gay, he will let you know when he is ready. I'm not sure if kids joke about that kind of stuff or not.. my 5 year old doesn't.. but then again he doesn't really now what sex is. 

lwalker270
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I think that was an inappropriate text for a nine year old to send, regardless of his sexual orientation.  If my ten year old said something like that to one of his friends, male or female, I would be concerned.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:09 PM
My 9dd really does not know what sex is or rather her and her friends don't talk like that. I say I'd be more concerned about the topic vs is he gay
robyann
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I do agree that was very inappropriate for a 9 year old. I'd concentrate on that for now not whether he is gay or not. I don't think just based on that message thay he' s gay. He may not even know that himself yet. Just let that go for now and talk to him about that sexual message. GL

typingMom to 6~MawMaw to 9 & counting!

msmoody
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Um, no...my son is almost 9. If he is gay idgaf, but that kind of talk is very inappropriate. My son also doesn't text.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
-42-
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Yup.

My now 12 year old has never done anything like that.

Quoting lwalker270:

I think that was an inappropriate text for a nine year old to send, regardless of his sexual orientation.  If my ten year old said something like that to one of his friends, male or female, I would be concerned.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jacandjay
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Thats totally inappropiate and why does a 9 yo have a cell phone anyway?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:14 PM

I think that text is inappropriate for a 9 year old to be sending, regardless of gender or orientation involved. I also think that at 9, if he is gay, he may know it or he may not yet. It's good that you told him that it doesn't matter to you. If he is, he will be more likely to be honest with you about it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured