Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

vacation....to jersey shore?!

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:10 PM
  • 20 Replies
Sil and I were talking yesterday about a family vacation this summer. We are thinking about renting a beach house on the jersey shore. Not seaside, somewhere quiet and family/kid friendly as we will have 10 children under the age of 10. We will also have 5 teenagers and at least 12 adults. That's not including the family members who live in jersey that will be visiting or staying as well. I need to find a rental that allows pets and that is less than 2000 (thinking 300-400 $ for each family to pitch in toward the cost). So if anyone has any suggestions please offer them up as I am clueless as to where to start :( everyone's in for it, we just have to find an affordable place. I know its going to be hard because of the hurricane, but I'm hoping we can find something.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this
You think you are going to find a rental that sleeps 27, for under 2000. Lmao good luck with that
DEJavu17
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:21 PM
I said I would LIKE to. I know I'm low balling it, but to be honest I have never rented a beach house therefore I wouldn't know. No reason to be ignorant.

Quoting Anonymous:

You think you are going to find a rental that sleeps 27, for under 2000. Lmao good luck with that
matofour
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:22 PM
This year who knows what rentals will be. With the shore being as devestation as it was during sandy, either it's going to sky rocket prices, or they will flop.
We live close enough we can go down for the day, and have never done a rental at the shore. I couldn't even begin to tell you where to look.
Good luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Isnt most of the Jersey shore gone thanks to Sandy?
littlemonaghan
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Yep. We're trying to rebuild in time for Memorial Day weekend but I doubt it.
Our beach house was destroyed

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Oh wow. That's a lot of people. Good luck!
DEJavu17
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:28 PM
This is what our concern was but dh and bil and cousins are all saying jersey because the family is all there. I was leaning more toward Virginia beach or ocean city MD.

Quoting Anonymous:

DEJavu17
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Yeah. Thanksgiving was nuts this year. 37 people! In one house!

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh wow. That's a lot of people. Good luck!
Judesmom333
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:31 PM
I.would wait to take that trip until 2014
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DEJavu17
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:32 PM
We live in PA, all of my inlaws live in union city, englewood, oak ridge and north Bergen. We are planning for it to be a big reunion but only need the beach house to sleep those of us travelling from PA and TN.

Quoting matofour:

This year who knows what rentals will be. With the shore being as devestation as it was during sandy, either it's going to sky rocket prices, or they will flop.

We live close enough we can go down for the day, and have never done a rental at the shore. I couldn't even begin to tell you where to look.

Good luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN