Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O Would you get rid of an animal for a child? EDIT

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
If you had to choose between an animal and your kid which would you choose??

I cannot believe the responses to the other post. I get loving your animal, but if the child is allergic, the animal has to go. I dont care if its just her step kid that is allergic, it shouldnt even be a question.

Edit: Wow, I went to bed with 100 responses and woke up to 300 lol I didnt realize this would take off like this....

So new question...

For those of you that are fine with just medicating the kid, so you can keep your beloved pet, what if you were the BM in this situation. Would you be okay with Dad drugging your child, with several benedryl a day, everytime your kid goes for visitation?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Replies (21-30):
Mocking.Jay
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:27 PM
3 moms liked this

My child. I'm not stupid. Thankfully, my son is not allergic to animals! :)

samanthastaatss
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:28 PM
4 moms liked this

I can't believe that's even a question, what kind of mother would pick an animal over her own flesh and blood? I hope we're all on the same page here..

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this
So kid shouldnt be allowed to visit dad, because new wife refuses to get rid of her pets. She chose the dad and his kid. His kid didnt choose her. And who cares whos house it is. If they are going to be a family, it is now their home and that should include step kids

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

The step kid doesn't live there full time. Why should the home's dynamic change? The dad is moving in with HER not the other way around. If she was moving in with HIM and he said to get rid of the pets then she has to get rid of them or not move in with him.

faeriemom1972
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:28 PM
3 moms liked this

Well, if the allergy can't be controlled I don't see another choice. What other choice is there? Who wants their child to suffer?

robyann
3 moms liked this

I agree with you. A child ALWAYS comes before an animal! Even if the animal has been in the family for years, sorry but the child comes first. Even a step child, geeezz come on who would let a child suffer because they love their animal too much. They love their animal more than a child?

Jessica_Esqueda
5 moms liked this

I've  known people to be able to be around cats with an allergy, provided the cat's hair is maintained. Get the cat's fur trimmed close. It's more comfy for the cat anyway! Vacuum regularly before, after, and during the time the kid is there, using a vacuum with a HEPA filter. And give the kid a non-drowsy allergy medicine like zyrtec for any breakthrough dander. It shouldn't be an issue whatsoever. It's not like the kid stops breathing around the cats. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:29 PM
2 moms liked this
My brothers gfs DD is very allergic. They have 4 dogs and 7 cats. Yes insane. Anyway, they clean the house insane on weekends she visits, and put the cats in the upstairs bedroom. She survives every weekend. I agree with the other OP.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Apparently since the kid is only a step kid, it doesnt matter and the cat comes first.... SMH

Quoting samanthastaatss:

I can't believe that's even a question, what kind of mother would pick an animal over her own flesh and blood? I hope we're all on the same page here..

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mazi184
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:29 PM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't give it a second thought. The animal would go. My kids are number one.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Can people like call cps on you?

Quoting 428pm:

My son is allergic to our cats, they are still here and will remain here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)