Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O Would you get rid of an animal for a child? EDIT

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
If you had to choose between an animal and your kid which would you choose??

I cannot believe the responses to the other post. I get loving your animal, but if the child is allergic, the animal has to go. I dont care if its just her step kid that is allergic, it shouldnt even be a question.

Edit: Wow, I went to bed with 100 responses and woke up to 300 lol I didnt realize this would take off like this....

So new question...

For those of you that are fine with just medicating the kid, so you can keep your beloved pet, what if you were the BM in this situation. Would you be okay with Dad drugging your child, with several benedryl a day, everytime your kid goes for visitation?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Replies (861-870):
calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:04 PM

kid, no one and nothing comes before my kids

sassy-may
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Maybe YOU shud reREAD the first 21 letters in my comment before replying nasty. No wonder ALOT of people get sick of cafe mom cuz of its ridiculous fuktards who spend more time bashing instead of offering advise, opinions (nicely), etc... what a retard!
plumfarie
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:22 AM

WOW!!! Really.... now I can understand if it was just a slight allergy, headach/ cough. But what if it is severe, my son is highly allergic to cats; hives and breathing problems that end up with him have breathing treatments for at least three days. So now our cats are outside. If he were allergic to the dogs yes they would go to. This is your child/ stepchild. You as a parent or step parent have a responsibility to take care of them.

gabeybaby07
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:23 AM

i would, but never had to. I have gotten rid of pets for apartments

bosmum
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Children come first, so if moving the pet outside does not work then they would have to find new homes.

krayzbabylove
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:33 AM
I would not get rid of a pet over allergies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nancyb3770
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Have the rabbit for dinner. I can't believe your hubby is so irresponsible. You as a mom lay down the law. bye bye bunny.

etsmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Seriously?  does this even have to be a question? I would give up the pet, but to be fare to the animal, I would try some things first.

Minnetonka
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Your post is so exaggerated...Dad is "drugging" the kid with "several" Benedryl a day? (!) It's a simple anti histamine.
Be logical about this------get an air purifier and the pet does not go upstairs into bedrooms and the child will shower befor bed.
Be a smart (disgruntled divorced?) parent--Don't ruin childhood memories by getting rid of a beloved pet.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
redhead-bedhead
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:15 AM

You should look up the risks of prolonged anti-histamine use.

Quoting Minnetonka:

Your post is so exaggerated...Dad is "drugging" the kid with "several" Benedryl a day? (!) It's a simple anti histamine.
Be logical about this------get an air purifier and the pet does not go upstairs into bedrooms and the child will shower befor bed.
Be a smart (disgruntled divorced?) parent--Don't ruin childhood memories by getting rid of a beloved pet.

easter eggBlessed Ostarawelcome spring.gif

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)