Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O Would you get rid of an animal for a child? EDIT

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
If you had to choose between an animal and your kid which would you choose??

I cannot believe the responses to the other post. I get loving your animal, but if the child is allergic, the animal has to go. I dont care if its just her step kid that is allergic, it shouldnt even be a question.

Edit: Wow, I went to bed with 100 responses and woke up to 300 lol I didnt realize this would take off like this....

So new question...

For those of you that are fine with just medicating the kid, so you can keep your beloved pet, what if you were the BM in this situation. Would you be okay with Dad drugging your child, with several benedryl a day, everytime your kid goes for visitation?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Replies (871-878):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:16 AM

I would get rid of the animal in a heart beat. I don't even like the damn dog.

kels1023
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:18 AM
I love my cat more than anything. But if when my daughter arrives we find out she's allergic he would have to go. I don't believe in using medication for anything unless you have no other option. A cat would not come before my kid
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Minnetonka
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:43 AM
What are the risks of prolonged antihistimine use? ....
Regardless---it doesn't matter for this family because they are DIVORCED....nothing is "prolonged" in a weekend visitation.
They should keep the Animal for the children since they already gave up the marriage.

Quoting redhead-bedhead:

You should look up the risks of prolonged anti-histamine use.

Quoting Minnetonka:

Your post is so exaggerated...Dad is "drugging" the kid with "several" Benedryl a day? (!) It's a simple anti histamine.

Be logical about this------get an air purifier and the pet does not go upstairs into bedrooms and the child will shower befor bed.

Be a smart (disgruntled divorced?) parent--Don't ruin childhood memories by getting rid of a beloved pet.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Does it work the other way around also? If SM/SD was allergic should the mom/dad get rid of the animal? Or is that just reserved for children with allergies?

Just wondering where the line is drawn....

misst1968
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 4:41 PM
My mom got rid of our pets when I was a child because my brother became allergic to them. I'll admit I was upset at bot my mom and brother, but I'm over it! Now that I am a mom of 2; if one became allergic I would find my pet a new home. Then I would do research to find a pet that would not cause allergies to flare up.
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 4:43 PM
No way. I love my dog and cat. But they are NOT my kids, they do not come first, nor are they equal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2013 at 4:46 PM
The animals would go. I love my cat but I would find a new hom for her in a heart beat. I LOVE my kids MORE.
babyfish0511
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Im allergic to cats. I have 4 cats and two dogs. Im getting rid of one cat and keeping the rest. Only way Id get rid of any more is if they endanger my child. I have a 6 yr old and another on the way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured