Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I want to take a vacation Edited

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

My husband and I have been married almost 7 years.  We have a 5 1/2 year old son.  We've NEVER had a true family vacation.  We've gone to visit his family numerous times each year, but I want a REAL vacation.  I've priced Disney and, even camping, it is too much (I think, I'll know for sure in a month or two).  I've priced Atlantis in the Bahamas and its too much.  I've priced a cruise and its too much.  We need something around $2000.  We want about a week but are flexible on the time.  We are on the east coast but anywhere is fine.  We can drive or fly, but I know flying to the west coast gets pricy, so maybe nothing further than OK/CO area?  Give me suggestions.  We are NOT opposed to driving, or even a somewhat cross country trip.  We just need a family vacay.  HELP US!  LOL
If nothing else, we will go to the Great Wolf Lodge.  We can do that for about $600 under budget.  :)  I'd rather REALLY get away, but TGWL is a good option.   :-)

Edit:  Thanks for the help everyone. My mom is a travel agent and helped me out.  I think we will do Universal Orlando.  It is in the price range and definitely will be a blast.  If, by some miracle, our budget increases, we MAY change to Disney, but being as I've been there but never Universal, we might still do this.  :-)  I'm excited.  

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Bump

Livin.the.Dream
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Gatlinberg Tennessee
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momma2mms
by Kristin on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Look into Texas. There are many things to do. Sea World , Alamo, River Walk in San Antonio. Beaches in Galveston, Chorpus Christie, Port Aransas.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Where do you live? You can get cruises for cheap.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:49 PM

VA, so unless its cruising out of Norfolk or Baltimore, getting there will be a huge portion of the cost. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Where do you live? You can get cruises for cheap.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Check the carnival pride out if Baltimore. It should be cheap with an inside stateroom. I am cruising on her in two weeks.
tntmomof2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Williamsburg VA

Hershey/Lancaster PA

Myrtle Beach SC

Ocean City MD

Gatlinburg TN

.....just to name a few.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:52 PM

It came out to $3000.  :(  For that, I'd rather camp for a week in Disney World.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Check the carnival pride out if Baltimore. It should be cheap with an inside stateroom. I am cruising on her in two weeks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Eh I live in sc and mrytle beach isn't all that, Charleston beach ( folly beach) is better and nicer, imo. Mrytle beach does have a lot more touristy things to do, but Charleston is so much more laid back and relaxing and have some awesome historical sites to see. But then again like I said I live in sc so mrytle beach gets old and nasty after so many times you visit lol.

Quoting tntmomof2:

Williamsburg VA

Hershey/Lancaster PA

Myrtle Beach SC

Ocean City MD

Gatlinburg TN

.....just to name a few.

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Folly Beach, SC!  Beautiful family oriented area, clean warm water, and driving range to many things like Boone Hall Plantation, the aquarium in Charleston, Duck tours, historical site...this is the only family vacation we ever did with the oldest two children (right before we got pregnant with #3).  Ages were 3 and 5, and we drove down from NJ.  We stopped overnight in Williamsburg, VA, Mooresville, NC, Charleston, SC (we stayed at the Waterpark Suites on Vendue Range), an overnight stop in Virginia Beach, and another stop on way back home to visit friends in Elkton, MD.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)