Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i'm afraid to google this.... because i know it'll just say that i'm about to die a horrible death or something. *edited*

Posted by   + Show Post

last night while i was sleeping i kept getting woken up with shooting pains in my ankles.... i didn't think much of it.  It's continued during the day today, sometimes in my shins and knees.  I have not-so-great knees to begin with (injuries) and I haven't been more/ less active than before so I don't think I have shin splints - I have had them before, didn't feel like this.  

Any of you ladies have an idea?  If it was just sore I wouldn't be worried about it, but it's shooting pains... that kind of halt me.  Doesn't feel muscular either.  

ETA:  well this is interesting.  now my lower arms are kind of hurting.  either i've lost my mind and i'm giving myself pains now.... or wait yeah.  i've probably lost my mind.   but still, weird!

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Replies (101-104):
BDolphins82
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anariama
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Great,just reading this thread has my ankles hurting.

avion
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Awesome...you can take up 50000 IU per week, if it's lack of Vit D you'll require more than a 1000.
I hope it gets better soon :-)

Quoting becc41:

I just recently started taking 1000 IU's of it a day (dr told me to)

maybe that does have something to do with it!

Quoting avion:

This is going to sound weird, but you did say your arms are starting to hurt too....could be a vitamin D deficiency, that can actually cause your bones to hurt. Take supplementary vitamin D, your doc will prescribe (or buy OC) & plenty of upperbody sunlight.

Whatever it is or maybe isn't that serious go see your doc.

avion
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Lol...mind games

Quoting Anariama:

Great,just reading this thread has my ankles hurting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)