Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i'm afraid to google this.... because i know it'll just say that i'm about to die a horrible death or something. *edited*

Posted by   + Show Post

last night while i was sleeping i kept getting woken up with shooting pains in my ankles.... i didn't think much of it.  It's continued during the day today, sometimes in my shins and knees.  I have not-so-great knees to begin with (injuries) and I haven't been more/ less active than before so I don't think I have shin splints - I have had them before, didn't feel like this.  

Any of you ladies have an idea?  If it was just sore I wouldn't be worried about it, but it's shooting pains... that kind of halt me.  Doesn't feel muscular either.  

ETA:  well this is interesting.  now my lower arms are kind of hurting.  either i've lost my mind and i'm giving myself pains now.... or wait yeah.  i've probably lost my mind.   but still, weird!

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:00 PM

jointitis & or tendonitis.    I have in my left ankle & some times it feels like what you are saying.  hope you figure this out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Shin splints, sciatica, arthritis, a pinched nerve, etc. It doesn't sound like you are going to die a horrible death though. Go to the doctor and figure out what is wrong before it gets worse.

becc41
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:01 PM

I've got a pretty decent one!!  lol

Now, I'll just need your full name, social, mothers maiden name, and bank account info!  

good

Quoting mich.el.le:

Oh, no. You're going to die. Put my name on your life insurance policy? 

mommy2annaliese
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:02 PM
If it feels cold or looks very pale or blue I would worry about a blood clot which can kill you. It could be rls or sciatica otherwise. If it persist go get it looked at in the meantime don't stress.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Web md works a lot better for medical problems. I always tell people not to google anything medical because they always give you the worse case scenario and scare the crap out of you.  Web MD seems to list more possible problems and explainations, IMO

ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Scabies.

BabiiYarellie
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Only if you say please!!!

Quoting mich.el.le:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Quoting becc41:

I've got a pretty decent one!!  lol

Now, I'll just need your full name, social, mothers maiden name, and bank account info!  

good

Quoting mich.el.le:

Tsk, You! Trying to be all sneaky. I'm onto you!

becc41

tens unit?

The only swelling I have is from when I slammed my leg into a dresser about 2 hours ago - lovely bruise.  But no, no swelling that seems to be related to this.  My routine has been pretty consistant, no new shoes or anything, and I toss and turn when I sleep - so it's possible, but I've never had anything like this happen from my odd sleeping - just accidently punched my husband or thrown myself out of bed lol.  

Quoting mich.el.le:

If you know anyone with a tens unit, you could try that.  I'm not really sure what it could be from. Do you have any swelling? Been on your feet more than normal? Sleep funny?

mich.el.le

Quoting BabiiYarellie:

Only if you say please!!!

Quoting mich.el.le:

Please?! Pretty, pretty please with a cherry on top?! *Cheesy smile*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)