Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i'm afraid to google this.... because i know it'll just say that i'm about to die a horrible death or something. *edited*

Posted by   + Show Post

last night while i was sleeping i kept getting woken up with shooting pains in my ankles.... i didn't think much of it.  It's continued during the day today, sometimes in my shins and knees.  I have not-so-great knees to begin with (injuries) and I haven't been more/ less active than before so I don't think I have shin splints - I have had them before, didn't feel like this.  

Any of you ladies have an idea?  If it was just sore I wouldn't be worried about it, but it's shooting pains... that kind of halt me.  Doesn't feel muscular either.  

ETA:  well this is interesting.  now my lower arms are kind of hurting.  either i've lost my mind and i'm giving myself pains now.... or wait yeah.  i've probably lost my mind.   but still, weird!

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Replies (21-30):
babie113
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:05 PM

sciatica

becc41
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting becc41:

I've got a pretty decent one!!  lol

Now, I'll just need your full name, social, mothers maiden name, and bank account info!  

good

Quoting mich.el.le:

Oh, no. You're going to die. Put my name on your life insurance policy? 

Tsk, You! Trying to be all sneaky. I'm onto you!

DAMN!  Well, I tried.... lol.  

becc41
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:06 PM

No temp difference, nothing looks different.  rls?

Quoting mommy2annaliese:

If it feels cold or looks very pale or blue I would worry about a blood clot which can kill you. It could be rls or sciatica otherwise. If it persist go get it looked at in the meantime don't stress.

BabiiYarellie
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this
That should do it ;). Your plan a flaw proof with all those pretty pleases.

Lol

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting BabiiYarellie:

Only if you say please!!!

Quoting mich.el.le:

Oh, no. You're going to die. Put my name on your life insurance policy? 

Please?! Pretty, pretty please with a cherry on top?! *Cheesy smile*

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:07 PM

No, but if you figure it out let me know.  I've been dealing with that in my right ankle for almost a freaking year now!  It's not consistant, but when it hits it's usually as I'm falling asleep or trying to.  If I feel around the interior side of the ankle bone, I can hit a spot that sends shooting pain through it.  

mich.el.le
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Quoting becc41:

tens unit?

The only swelling I have is from when I slammed my leg into a dresser about 2 hours ago - lovely bruise.  But no, no swelling that seems to be related to this.  My routine has been pretty consistant, no new shoes or anything, and I toss and turn when I sleep - so it's possible, but I've never had anything like this happen from my odd sleeping - just accidently punched my husband or thrown myself out of bed lol.  

Quoting mich.el.le:

If you know anyone with a tens unit, you could try that.  I'm not really sure what it could be from. Do you have any swelling? Been on your feet more than normal? Sleep funny?

From wikipedia:

Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) is the use of electric current produced by a device to stimulate the nerves for therapeutic purposes. TENS by definition covers the complete range of transcutaneously applied currents used for nerve excitation although the term is often used with a more restrictive intent, namely to describe the kind of pulses produced by portable stimulators used to treat pain.[1][page needed] The unit is usually connected to the skin using two or more electrodes. A typical battery-operated TENS unit is able to modulate pulse width, frequency and intensity. Generally TENS is applied at high frequency (>50 Hz) with an intensity below motor contraction (sensory intensity) or low frequency (<10 Hz) with an intensity that produces motor contraction.[2] The benefit of TENS for pain is controversial.

Sorry about your bruise. :/ 

britishmummy
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:07 PM

I was thinking a trapped nerve or sciatica, I would go to a doctor to put your nerves at ease!

mommy2annaliese
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Restless leg syndrome.what you described is how mine felt with rls. It sounds like it could be a pinched nerve too. Try a heating pad and see if that helps.

Quoting becc41:

No temp difference, nothing looks different.  rls?

Quoting mommy2annaliese:

If it feels cold or looks very pale or blue I would worry about a blood clot which can kill you. It could be rls or sciatica otherwise. If it persist go get it looked at in the meantime don't stress.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
becc41
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting becc41:

tens unit?

The only swelling I have is from when I slammed my leg into a dresser about 2 hours ago - lovely bruise.  But no, no swelling that seems to be related to this.  My routine has been pretty consistant, no new shoes or anything, and I toss and turn when I sleep - so it's possible, but I've never had anything like this happen from my odd sleeping - just accidently punched my husband or thrown myself out of bed lol.  

Quoting mich.el.le:

If you know anyone with a tens unit, you could try that.  I'm not really sure what it could be from. Do you have any swelling? Been on your feet more than normal? Sleep funny?

From wikipedia:

Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) is the use of electric current produced by a device to stimulate the nerves for therapeutic purposes. TENS by definition covers the complete range of transcutaneously applied currents used for nerve excitation although the term is often used with a more restrictive intent, namely to describe the kind of pulses produced by portable stimulators used to treat pain.[1][page needed] The unit is usually connected to the skin using two or more electrodes. A typical battery-operated TENS unit is able to modulate pulse width, frequency and intensity. Generally TENS is applied at high frequency (>50 Hz) with an intensity below motor contraction (sensory intensity) or low frequency (<10 Hz) with an intensity that produces motor contraction.[2] The benefit of TENS for pain is controversial.

Sorry about your bruise. :/ 

ahhh okay.  I don't think I know anyone with that.  and it's okay - I'm known to run into things quite frequently lol.  Used that that by now!!  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Better than me. I've been peeing blood for a week.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN