Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i'm afraid to google this.... because i know it'll just say that i'm about to die a horrible death or something. *edited*

Posted by   + Show Post

last night while i was sleeping i kept getting woken up with shooting pains in my ankles.... i didn't think much of it.  It's continued during the day today, sometimes in my shins and knees.  I have not-so-great knees to begin with (injuries) and I haven't been more/ less active than before so I don't think I have shin splints - I have had them before, didn't feel like this.  

Any of you ladies have an idea?  If it was just sore I wouldn't be worried about it, but it's shooting pains... that kind of halt me.  Doesn't feel muscular either.  

ETA:  well this is interesting.  now my lower arms are kind of hurting.  either i've lost my mind and i'm giving myself pains now.... or wait yeah.  i've probably lost my mind.   but still, weird!

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Replies (31-40):
superm0m877
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:13 PM

welli have sciatica, i never get the numbness just the shooting pains and i have gotten them that far down. sciatica never really goes away. it can come and go, you might not have symptoms for years and then one day it starts again. i mostly get it in my hip but i have had it all the way down my leg before. it sucks!

Quoting becc41:

I had sciatica (sp?  I never know) when I was pregnant both times.... it never got this far down my legs... and it was just the right one.  I think that's what I had anyway lol.  It's been a while.  Does it go down that far?  And both at the same time?  I don't have any numbness, just shooting pains.  

Quoting superm0m877:

sounds like a pinched nerve or sciatica

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Yes it goes that far...it can go down to ur foot...i have had it for almost a yr now...see a dr...my dr put me on cymbalta for it and meds to relieve the pain for at night and during the day...i have sciatica on both sides, my left and right plus a herniated dics smh

Quoting becc41:

I had sciatica (sp?  I never know) when I was pregnant both times.... it never got this far down my legs... and it was just the right one.  I think that's what I had anyway lol.  It's been a while.  Does it go down that far?  And both at the same time?  I don't have any numbness, just shooting pains.  

Quoting superm0m877:

becc41
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:15 PM

ouch :(  sorry to hear that !!  i'll post back if it persists and i see a doctor about it

Quoting Melissa_4:

No, but if you figure it out let me know.  I've been dealing with that in my right ankle for almost a freaking year now!  It's not consistant, but when it hits it's usually as I'm falling asleep or trying to.  If I feel around the interior side of the ankle bone, I can hit a spot that sends shooting pain through it.  

becc41
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Wow, that doesn't sound fun at all :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes it goes that far...it can go down to ur foot...i have had it for almost a yr now...see a dr...my dr put me on cymbalta for it and meds to relieve the pain for at night and during the day...i have sciatica on both sides, my left and right plus a herniated dics smh

Quoting becc41:

Quoting superm0m877:

becc41
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:17 PM

........ I.... uh.... well, that's something you should see a doctor about?

I didn't know I was competing for "who's doing worse?"  

Quoting Anonymous:

Better than me. I've been peeing blood for a week.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:17 PM
I would go get it looked at just to rule out blood clots.
becc41
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:17 PM

okay thank you :)

Quoting mommy2annaliese:

Restless leg syndrome.what you described is how mine felt with rls. It sounds like it could be a pinched nerve too. Try a heating pad and see if that helps.

Quoting becc41:

No temp difference, nothing looks different.  rls?

Quoting mommy2annaliese:

If it feels cold or looks very pale or blue I would worry about a blood clot which can kill you. It could be rls or sciatica otherwise. If it persist go get it looked at in the meantime don't stress.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:18 PM
How about ask your dr?
o0gone0o
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:19 PM

blood clot if you havn't been as active lately. Not something to mess around with though thats for sure.

minnema
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:22 PM

I had restless leg syndrome while I was pregnant the last time. I get it every so often during this pregnancy too. Take a multivitamin about an hour before bed. It cures mine!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN