Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i'm afraid to google this.... because i know it'll just say that i'm about to die a horrible death or something. *edited*

Posted by   + Show Post

last night while i was sleeping i kept getting woken up with shooting pains in my ankles.... i didn't think much of it.  It's continued during the day today, sometimes in my shins and knees.  I have not-so-great knees to begin with (injuries) and I haven't been more/ less active than before so I don't think I have shin splints - I have had them before, didn't feel like this.  

Any of you ladies have an idea?  If it was just sore I wouldn't be worried about it, but it's shooting pains... that kind of halt me.  Doesn't feel muscular either.  

ETA:  well this is interesting.  now my lower arms are kind of hurting.  either i've lost my mind and i'm giving myself pains now.... or wait yeah.  i've probably lost my mind.   but still, weird!

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Replies (41-50):
RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Shin splints? That's how they always start out for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Are you on any form of hormonal birth control?

Quoting becc41:

You know, I thought of that... but it's been for almost 24 hours.... and both legs.  I know they can happen out of nowhere, but I don't think I have any risk factors for it.  

Quoting faeriemom1972:

This is going sound scary, but could that be a blood clot?

GoddessBaker
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:26 AM

WebMD Symptom Checker.

weirdkids
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:51 AM

it almost sounds like how i feel when i am having a flair up and i have fibro. but it also sounds like a few other things that i know quite well. my suggestion to you is to call your dr and get a referal to a rhumotologist

the_kids_mom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Try eating a banana. The shooting pains in your legs sounds like what happens when my potassium drops. If you aren't fond of bananas, watermelon or cantaloupe work too. In fact, of the 3, bananas have the lowest amount of potassium.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
heartnhidin
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Pinched nerve?
PerfectVirgo
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:07 AM
You probably need more iron.
PerfectVirgo
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:08 AM
That's what I meant. Not iron. Lol

Quoting the_kids_mom:

Try eating a banana. The shooting pains in your legs sounds like what happens when my potassium drops. If you aren't fond of bananas, watermelon or cantaloupe work too. In fact, of the 3, bananas have the lowest amount of potassium.
BeAmour
by Tonya on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:08 AM
how have you been breathing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SunshineBird
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Could it be bad circulation or posture? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured