Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what is your biggest parenting regret?

Posted by   + Show Post

mine is I let my son as a toddler have a lot of say and choices in everything we did.  I thought at the time it would give him confidence.  Now at 7 he thinkins he has a choice in things he really doesnt and causes some power struggles.

I would love a do-over.

Anyone else?

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Replies (121-130):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Having a baby with an asshole of a man.

cherylam
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I wish I had not had to work so much as my kids were growing up.  Their dad was around more than I was, as I had to support the family, and after he died, my kids have told me many times they wish I had died instead of him.  Yep, makes me feel wonderful for paying for all the 'toys' they had as teenagers.

tiffs2009
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Not leaving my son in his crib. He is 1.5 and won't even nap w/o me :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rennez
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Yelling for sure. I have such little patience
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cheez1e
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:31 PM
I wish I hadn't given my oldest daughter her bio dad's last name. It is causing issues for us now but at the time we were engaged so...
Becky.Mom.of.2
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:32 PM
I was too immature when I had my first. I put a lot of the responsibility on DH.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kryptomom
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Not being stricter and more consistent at an early age.

reava
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:33 PM
I parented so much out of guilt for a long time after I left dd's dad. I let her get away with so much and I bought her anything she wanted. Now she is spoiled and thinks she is entitled to everything :-(
norwgnwood
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Your newborn should be held nonstop. He was for 9 months. That need and desire doesn't go away when they are born. Having cuddlers isn't the worst thing ever. :-)

Quoting Meghan6391:

toooo much cuddling.. my 3 y.o loves to sleep in my bed and my new born thinks he should be held nonstop... 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norwgnwood
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Many children don't walk until after they are one. I was closer to 18 months. My son was 15 and my nephew was 14. Its nothing to do with "bad parenting." Unless of course abuse is involved but that's a horse of a different color. You had good intentions. Dont beat yourself up.

Quoting Anonymous:

When my DD was a baby I was too afraid to put her down on the floor because we have hard floors and no carpet.  I thought she would get cold or get hurt.  Even with a blanket to lay on.  Because of that she couldn't walk unassisted until after her first bday.  It has really affected her in the long run but I feel like I held her back just because I was young and didn't know any better.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN