Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what do you think about this house?

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:05 PM
  • 235 Replies
2 moms liked this

it is an early 1900's craftsman 2 story. we would NOT be buying this house, it is a rental. ( so the fact that it is sinking to one side doesnt much bother me)  but wow is it ever noticable in this pic :-( the rent is $1200 mo, which is fine, our house is renting out for $1100. so not a big deal, but it has single pane original windows and dh is worried about the costs of energy to heat the house :-(

grand main entrance, next 3 pics

ok standing here, to the left are those glass french doors, to the right are wooden french doors to a large study or playroom . i didnt get pics, but these are the rooms to the left, and the kitchen, which is just through the entry on the left.

dining room, which the kitchen is open to

spin around and you are in the living room

the study on the other side looks like this room too

more pics in replies, oh yeahm and all the furnishings in it right now stay with the house

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nicmain
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:08 PM
2 moms liked this
I thinks its super cute. Lots of character.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KA91
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:08 PM
2 moms liked this

I absolutely love it! How big are the bedrooms, & do they have closets? A lot of old houses have tiny closets or none at all.

jillbailey26
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:08 PM
3 moms liked this

The kitchen would be way too small for me.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

MamaPeanut
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Agree

Quoting nicmain:

I thinks its super cute. Lots of character.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Cute :)
D.O.E.
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:10 PM

jetted tub :-)

gorgeous!

nursery?

master? and there is actually a bigger room i dont have pics of, but more tall ceilings and big windows, the boys could share the master and we could take the smaller room. 

**sigh** could it really cost so much to heat the place? its just gorgeous. 20 min outside the city. 

dh doesnt like it. how can he not lilke it? its beautiful!

Fairegirl33
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Beautiful!

BeKind2All
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:11 PM

I don't think I would because I really dislike the older homes - even though it has lots of character. That is more my sister's style. I prefer modern. But if you like it, definately get the cost of heating/cooling checked out.  I am looking forward to seeing more pictures. It would be a fun house to decorate. :)

D.O.E.
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:12 PM

it has the kind of closets kids are scared boogey men will live in lolm under the eaves, huge long closets. and yes big bedrooms. the house is HUGE! another HUGE bathroom upstiars too, with a clawfoot tub thats nice and deep more of those gorgeous sinks.....**sigh**

Quoting KA91:

I absolutely love it! How big are the bedrooms, & do they have closets? A lot of old houses have tiny closets or none at all.

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Nice
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)