Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Best friend gets a man and ditches me...Am I overreacting??? LONG

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies

OK let's start with a little back story.

About a year and a half ago my best friend left her boyfriend of 7 years. He was an ass. He treated her horribly, and she was extremely unhappy. I told her that if she left him she could come and live with me. She has no kids. At that point she was going to school and had no job. She paid a little bit of rent at the beginning of every semester when she got her financial aid refunds but the rest of the time I supported her. I paid all of the bills, provided food and everything. But she has been my best friend since we were kids and I didn't care because she has been there for me a lot.  We were renting a house at that point. After about 10 months we came across a house that was a really good deal and I really wanted to buy it. My best friend was still living with me, and she agreed with me that if I bought it she would move in and help me pay the bills until I finish school and get on my feet and can afford it by myself. My husband went to jail for 8 months for child support, and she stayed with me the entire time, watched my kids while I worked and helped me so I could sleep since I worked third shift. My husband is now home, but for the last year and a half she has been there for me every step of the way.

On New Year's Eve, a guy from a dating site she signed up for sent her a message. She talked to him for a few days, and that Saturday went on a date with him. The next Saturday she went on a date with him again. Then the next Wednesday and Friday she has spent the night at his house. I am worried. She has been going over there after work. She blew off our grocery shopping, something we ALWAYS did together, to spend time with him. She has been spending more and more time with him. I am just worried that she is getting too involved with a guy she has only known for a few weeks. I don't want her to get hurt, and I don't want to lose my best friend. If she moves out, I'm screwed. I can't afford my bills without her, and she knows that. She agreed to that. But I feel like her perspective is changing now that she has a boyfriend, and I'm terrified that if she is already blowing off hanging out with me to spend time with him after just a few weeks, that it will only be a matter of months before she wants to move in with him. 

I understand that she needs to have her own life. But I am just hurt. I have never blown her off for a man, but she did this to me once before. We barely talked for almost 2 years when she first met her ex because her whole life revolved around him. I honestly love her more than I love my own sister, and she keeps me sane by always being there for me to vent. I don't want to see her get hurt, and I don't want anything to happen to hurt our friendship. 

Advice?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)