Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

birthday party SNOBS? (edited to be exact)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

Are you more likely to take your kids to a birthday party if its somewhere special, Chuck E Cheese Major Magics(are they still open) a hotel sleepover or pool party or a party with big blow ups?

DS birthday is coming up in FEB.  We live in Northern Ohio so its cold.  Outside isnt an option.  Our house is small so having people over gets cramped and awkward because we run out of room and places for people to sit.  DS wants to have his party at a hotel so they can all go swimming.  Parents can stay and swim or drop their kids off if they can swim solo.(Im asking that they bring life jackets for those who still struggle swimming or their parent to swim with them. My self, hubby, sister and mother will be in the pool to keep order and help kids)  We will have ice cream cake and I will give goodie bags No pinata, pin the tail on the donkey things like that.  Its what DS wants.  I get a great discount thanks to a family friend.  DS gets to pick a few friends to ask to sleep over( I will be asking so other kids dont over hear and get their feelings hurt)   There is no Chuck E Cheese.  Sorry I brought it up, I never knew so many people hated a mouse... geesh!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Schleetle
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm less likely to go to any place like Chuck E Cheese.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:05 AM

Quoting Schleetle:

SO for example. Our sons birthday is coming up.  He wants to have a pool party at a hotel because its winter and they cant play outside?  Is it worth forking the money over for them to have fun?  I just want to make sure people will come before I spend the money.

armywifey26
by Krissy on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I prefer to take them to a bday party that is being held at a place of business. Not because I am a snob but because it is always awkward being at some body's house I don't know and then you have to go through the whole is it rude to leave now? Should I wait another hour? Can I slip out when this couple leaves? If it is at a place of business then you get there, you play, you open gifts and eat cake, then leave. So much simpler. 

Schleetle
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:10 AM
2 moms liked this
We stopped doing traditional parties where we had to rely on other people coming to have fun. If you're unsure that enough people will show up don't do it. Save the money, and take your son out for a day of fun all his choices instead. We move around too much to worry about inviting people, and it seemed most people don't RSVP either they just show up which is even more of a pain. If you have reliable friends, and family you are pretty sure will attend then go for it. Otherwise I'd do something where you know he'll have fun either way.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Schleetle:

SO for example. Our sons birthday is coming up.  He wants to have a pool party at a hotel because its winter and they cant play outside?  Is it worth forking the money over for them to have fun?  I just want to make sure people will come before I spend the money.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:12 AM

I'm less likely to go to any birthday party, simply because I hate other parents and I can't bring my own alcohol. But if I have to...I do.

Mashnut3161
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:14 AM

no. I hate those places. when my kids are invited to those places. I let them go. but I drop them off and pick them up later.

I_luv_my_boys3
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:15 AM
Eh, to us it really doesn't matter where they have it as long as we don't have to travel too far.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:16 AM

no. a party is a party. its for the kids not to oogle how much it cost

LucyHarper
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:17 AM

I take my child as long as I don't have any prior plans, I don't care where it is. I would however be hesitant about a hotel sleepover and there would be a lot of deciding factors with that one. Pool party I would be okay with as long as either I could stay or my child was over 10.

unsuspected
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:17 AM
Lol . . More likly to avoid a chuck e. Cheese party!

Parks and backyards are awesome.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)