Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

6 large bags of cough drops!

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:24 AM
  • 28 Replies
That's how many I've gone through in the last 3 Weeks! I've been to the Dr twice now. First it was bronchitis then they said whooping cough but even the antibiotics for that aren't helping! They didn't test for it because they said by the time the results came back I'd be finished with the antibiotics anyway so it was pointless. 6 bags! The large ones, halls brand! My tong is raw from constantly having one in my mouth but that's the only thing that keeps me from coughing this dry irritating cough every time I talk out breathe! This is miserable!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2hadley
by Heather on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I hope you start feeling better soon :-)
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:33 AM

icky. I'm sorry you are sick. heres some healthy dust your way

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:24 AM

Are you pregnant? I had a sore throat my whole last pregnancy. All 9 months. Strep twice and then just sore throat. They ended up doing a chest xray the day after my c section because I had crackles in my lungs. It was normal and it went away before I left the hospital. I feel ya.

aimeegreen4ever
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:19 PM
No, not pregnant. The weirdest thing about this is that I have no sore throat at all! No runny nose or any other symptom either. Just this terrible cough! It started with me losing my voice, 3 days later the cough started; just dry and nagging. Then it started bringing up tons of green stuff so I went to the Dr. they said it was bronchitis and of it didn't get any better in a week to come back so I did because it was getting worse. That next Dr said that I'll just have to wait it out even though I'd had a headache for going on 3 straight Weeks and was losing tons of sleep because of it. Then at the end of the appointment she told me the only other thing she could think of was whopping cough, asked if I'd had the shout which I have because I had a preemie and they wanted everyone in the house to get one before he was released. She said I child still contract it even with the shout, very nice huh? So she decided since it could be whopping cough to give me antibiotics for it but they didn't help either. On Monday this will be 4 weeks and I'm still coughing up stuff. neither of my kids have it but dh did have it, that's where I got it from. Just plain miserable....

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you pregnant? I had a sore throat my whole last pregnancy. All 9 months. Strep twice and then just sore throat. They ended up doing a chest xray the day after my c section because I had crackles in my lungs. It was normal and it went away before I left the hospital. I feel ya.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:26 PM

They need to do some tests. Xray, ct, something. I'd insist. Why are you seeing two different doctors?

Quoting aimeegreen4ever:

No, not pregnant. The weirdest thing about this is that I have no sore throat at all! No runny nose or any other symptom either. Just this terrible cough! It started with me losing my voice, 3 days later the cough started; just dry and nagging. Then it started bringing up tons of green stuff so I went to the Dr. they said it was bronchitis and of it didn't get any better in a week to come back so I did because it was getting worse. That next Dr said that I'll just have to wait it out even though I'd had a headache for going on 3 straight Weeks and was losing tons of sleep because of it. Then at the end of the appointment she told me the only other thing she could think of was whopping cough, asked if I'd had the shout which I have because I had a preemie and they wanted everyone in the house to get one before he was released. She said I child still contract it even with the shout, very nice huh? So she decided since it could be whopping cough to give me antibiotics for it but they didn't help either. On Monday this will be 4 weeks and I'm still coughing up stuff. neither of my kids have it but dh did have it, that's where I got it from. Just plain miserable....

Quoting Anonymous:

aimeegreen4ever
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:29 PM
I've seen on call Dr's twice because my Dr seems to never have any openings. There in the same building, just a different Dr...

Quoting Anonymous:

They need to do some tests. Xray, ct, something. I'd insist. Why are you seeing two different doctors?

Quoting aimeegreen4ever:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Same practice I hope, not just building. The next time you go in tell them to see what has been done before and tell them you're ready for a more aggressive treatment, that you would like to start with some tests and ask if there are any that would give them a better idea of the problem.

Quoting aimeegreen4ever:

I've seen on call Dr's twice because my Dr seems to never have any openings. There in the same building, just a different Dr...

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting aimeegreen4ever:

Quoting Anonymous:

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Hope you feel better soonnnn!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:37 PM

You can have juse a cough after having a cold or the flu and the cough lasts for an average of 18 days.  No other symptoms, just a cough.

Google it.  I would recommend some cinnamon and honey hot tea.

edelweiss23
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:37 PM
I had the same thing last year. Turns out I am severely allergic to our cats.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN