Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting ditched... *update reply 9*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
My friend asked me if I could come out with her Saturday. I told her that sounded like fun and to let me know what she wanted to do.

She texted me Friday saying "we're going to the parade" I said cool. Is your son going? No response. I asked my parents if they had plans. My mom had some work to do in the afternoon and they were going to have a date night that night.

I texted her after the no response. I can't get a babysitter.

So basically if we're bringing kids I can go, but if it's an adult only thing then I can't.

She never texted me back. I was kinda bummed. We probably could have gotten a drink or something later that night when my parents got home, but since she didn't bother to respond to be I was like well I'm not going to call.

I am aggravated that things always have to be on her terms. I don't have a 24/7 baby sitter like she does because she lives with her parents.

I also feel like if she wanted to hang out with me she could've done something we could do with the kids.

Instead I feel like she wanted to do what she wanted to do and didn't care if I was there.

I know I'm reading too much into it, but my feelings are kind of hurt.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:15 AM
I'm having trouble understanding the situation...you were going to go out, then you were going to go to a parade, but she didn't want you to bring your kid?
Two_Hearts
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:16 AM

It sounds more like mis communication...

Did she say she was going to the parade friday? or saturday during the day? 

I mean honestly, its a parade ...and you usually do take kids to parades lol.

Perhaps she got busy...

Perhaps she didnt get the messages or you didn't get her replys...i know my phone does that at times, doesnt send my reply out ....or doesn't deliver them.

However , if this is a regular habit for her ..than i would rethink the friendship if it is starting to make you feel bad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:22 AM
At first she wanted to do something. Then she told me the something was to go to a parade.

When I asked her if her kid was going she didn't respond. I told her I couldn't get a baby sitter and she still didn't respond.

You'd figure if you made plans with someone you'd be looking at your phone.

Idk what happened maybe she got busy. I'm going to call her today to see what happened.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm having trouble understanding the situation...you were going to go out, then you were going to go to a parade, but she didn't want you to bring your kid?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:25 AM
She told me Friday that she was going to the parade Saturday. So I didn't have much time to plan.

She never responded to me after I asked if her kid was going. I told her I couldn't get a baby sitter.

It is a regular thing for her "to not see her messages" not because she didn't get them, but somehow the notification doesn't come or whatever.

But seriously if you're trying to make plans with someone you should check your phone.

I am going to call her later today to see what happened.

Quoting Two_Hearts:

It sounds more like mis communication...

Did she say she was going to the parade friday? or saturday during the day? 

I mean honestly, its a parade ...and you usually do take kids to parades lol.

Perhaps she got busy...

Perhaps she didnt get the messages or you didn't get her replys...i know my phone does that at times, doesnt send my reply out ....or doesn't deliver them.

However , if this is a regular habit for her ..than i would rethink the friendship if it is starting to make you feel bad.

_jcls_
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:45 AM
I have one friend like that. She txt me but only when she is bored and when we make plans it has to be what her and her dh want not us. She txt me the other day saying something about all of us hanging out and I said okay txt me back later so I know what all is happening. She never did that night even after I txt her a couple. So I txt her when I get up and still nothing. So I decided we were going to do what we originally planned since I was getting no answer from her. She txts about 2 hours later asking if we were still on and I said nope sorry I didn't hear from you so we left the house.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
klespeedy0205
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:47 AM
My texts don't go through sometimes. I call instead.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Her loss! Don't sweat it! I would have taken my kid to the parade and had a great time but that's just me.

Photo: -Randi.Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:54 AM
The particular parade shw wanted to go to wasn't the most G rated one.

I'm taking him to one that is family oriented today :)

Quoting brettsmomma:

Her loss! Don't sweat it! I would have taken my kid to the parade and had a great time but that's just me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Ok so I called her at 9:30. She's got a one year old so she's usually up early.

Now I know why she never responded back to me.

Her and her "guy friend" got a hotel room in New Orleans. So basically she didn't respond to me because she didn't want me to go after all.

Not that I could have anyway. I wouldn't have even been offended if she had said we got a hotel room blah blah. I couldn't have gone and stayed over night anyway.

The whole point of her wanting to hang out with me is so that I could meet this guy. She originally said that we could go out in town or maybe go down to New Orleans. Not STAY down there. Blah she knew I couldn't do that. You'd figure she would've changed plans so that I could join in
:(

Oh well. All in all, I just wish I was in the loop rather than just ignored because she did invite me. Her way of uninviting me was not responding to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:51 AM
O
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured