Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mom's who don't get a break

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 79 Replies

From the kids, house work, studying and/or work?

How do you do it?

I'm up till late washing nappies and up in the morning cleaning. I'm studying a degree and also entered into a design competition, the little one is teeting his molars and DH is out of work (he doesn't help too much tbh) And you know what! I'm stressed. I try not to be, but I need a break, I have no friends and no family around.

Baby is down for a nap atm and i've just swept through the apartment and now trying to focus on my course work. But i'm so uptight.

Any suggestions. How do you cope?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ForeverInLove
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Interested room I never get a break from kids. Buying groceries does not count as a break, and that is, at most, an hour every couple weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Urgh. I'd love to do that. I poop with the kids, I shop with the kids. Hell I tried to get a bath the other night when the kids were in bed, and DH ended up in there sat on the floor reading his book.... :/

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Interested room I never get a break from kids. Buying groceries does not count as a break, and that is, at most, an hour every couple weeks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:25 AM
I'm still trying to figure it.out how I do.it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Can you hurry up lol? I need advice haha

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm still trying to figure it.out how I do.it.

Saintsational
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:27 AM

I finally just told DH I needed a break or I was going to lose the little bit of sanity I had. So I signed up for a dance class & told him I would be doing that 3 times a week. He & the kids can manage 4 hours a week without me.

ForeverInLove
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:27 AM
My husband is awake, and home, for two hours a day... If I can utilize that time to rub to the grocery store tito grab milk, I do. To wrangle my five year old, two year old, and 5 months old into a store is just... A task on my own. Especially since juggling my two year old while holding my five months old can prove to cause bumped heads.

Quoting Anonymous:

Urgh. I'd love to do that. I poop with the kids, I shop with the kids. Hell I tried to get a bath the other night when the kids were in bed, and DH ended up in there sat on the floor reading his book.... :/

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Time to kick hubby in the can.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Syphon
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like you need to have a conversation with your husband.  Why isn't he helping?

MrsErdos2011
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:30 AM

I'll let you know when I figure it out. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Been there, done that... In all honesty, I couldn't do it. My body starting breaking down from all the stress. I gained a lot of weight, started having heart palpaltations, got depressed....

I vow to never try to "do it all" ever again.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)