Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mom's who don't get a break

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

From the kids, house work, studying and/or work?

How do you do it?

I'm up till late washing nappies and up in the morning cleaning. I'm studying a degree and also entered into a design competition, the little one is teeting his molars and DH is out of work (he doesn't help too much tbh) And you know what! I'm stressed. I try not to be, but I need a break, I have no friends and no family around.

Baby is down for a nap atm and i've just swept through the apartment and now trying to focus on my course work. But i'm so uptight.

Any suggestions. How do you cope?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Replies (71-79):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I get my break during naptime, if hubbies home ill run to the grocery store or something. Other than that, they go EVERYWHERE with me! Gyno appts, hair highlighting appts, once when I had to get my tooth pulled (huge PIA btw!)

Mazie0723
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:40 PM
I'll be getting a two day break from Tuesday to Thursday this week because ill be in the hospital having a baby.lol I normally take a little longer to run errands when dh is home.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tifbrown
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:40 PM

I just try to take time for myself. Sometimes it's ok if something doesn't get done that day. Instead of taking a half hour to sweep, take a half hour to relax. Hide in your room, read a book, go for a walk. Sweeping can wait a day. And, look for the break in the things you normally do. Like taking a shower, take an extra 5 minutes to just stand under the water. It's hard not having a break, but sometimes you have to make them. And, although it's tough now, it will get better. You won't be in school forever, your baby won't be a baby forever. It all passes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Coke. As in Coca Cola and mindless crap on TV. My husband helps but then sometimes he thinks he helping and it's not as helpful as it could be. Don't get me wrong though because he does a lot. I wouldn't let him get away with not helping (your dh). Especially since he's not working. I think it's time for a sit down. Or you could just tell him you have some errands and ask if he'll watch the kids then stay gone all day. Go to a movie by yourself. I love going to the movies by myself. My MIL took the kids for a week before I had my third and I went to the movies during the day by myself. I like a lot of movies my husband doesn't and I'm a SAHM so I went while he was at work.

achorney
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I take a day off every few weeks from studying so i can get other things done, Ie, feel like i have a life.

However, my kids are not in diapers. It's a little different for me.

I also have a routine to help me get into school mode. I take a shower, clean my desk, have a cup of coffee, clear my head... and then i hit the school work.

And i remind myself this isn't going to last forever. Nothing is forever. A semester is only a few weeks long (13, or something, but i try to tell myself it's just a few days). I make lists to help me get things done, flashcards for when i'm running day to day life, and i try to not beat myself up for not being a straight A student....

That's a big one. 

Allie_kat1
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:46 PM
I'm not really sure. I just keep going. I have a 3.5yr old, an almost 2 yr old and a 6 month old. My df drives semi so he is gone 2+weeks at a time them home for a day or 2, then gone again. I occasionally shot and have a glass of wine after i get them all into bed, but that's fairly rare. I don't have a choice because I'm the only one available to take care of my kids, so i just try to deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jupiter5
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:47 PM

i guess i use breast feeding as a break cuz i get comfy and watch tv or play on the computer...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Hire a maid to do the housework, buy deli food for dinner, and get a nanny. Quit complaining, did you have these kids because you wanted them, or not?

1plustwinsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Me too.

Quoting MrsErdos2011:

I'll let you know when I figure it out. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)