Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why is he engaged before me!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 64 Replies
I don't even know the right words to describe what im feeling.. I have been with my so on and off for 7 years.. we are back together for 2 years now. Since getting back together I explained how marriage was important to me and he agreed. Well 2 years later we are still not enagaged and his brother who has been with his new gf for a few months just tells us he is engaged last night.. im happy for them but at the same time I am mad, frustrated, hurt.. we have 2 children together youngest being 8 months and I just dont know what to do anymore or how to feel..

Thanks for allowing me to vent..
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wilesmomma
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:46 AM
If marriage really means that much to you, give him an ultimatum.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Why don't you just propose to him?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:49 AM
It is important to me but at the same time I cannot picture being with or marrying anyone else.. and now I don't want to engaged in the shadow of my bil.. I feel I have been around for years and gave to children to him and I didnt get proposed to. It just hurts

[quote name="wilesmomma" id="0"]If marriage really means that much to you, give him an ultimatum.[/quote
aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:49 AM
2 moms liked this
Sounds like he doesn't want to get married
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:50 AM
8 moms liked this
i think if you have to give a guy an ultimatum like that, its probably not a marriage you want to be in.

Quoting wilesmomma:

If marriage really means that much to you, give him an ultimatum.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:50 AM
3 moms liked this
You can't compare your relationship to someone else's
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:50 AM
I would prefer it came from him..

Quoting Anonymous:

Why don't you just propose to him?

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Well I think he's telling you he doesn't want to marry you. You have to decide if you're going to stay with a man who has made it clear he doesn't want to get married or if you are going to move on and find a guy that wants what you want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:51 AM
3 moms liked this
If marriage was truly important to you, you wouldnt have had two kids without being married. He has a free pass. He gets to play house, without putting a ring on it, and you have shown you are okay with being a baby momma not a wife. Why would he change anything?
ratchetlee
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this

It took 4.5 years for my husband to propose to me....granted we didn't have any children until after we were married... but it still took a long time.  

You have to decide if he's worth the wait or not.  If he's not, then move on... if he is, just wait it out!  

I know that's easier said than done.... trust me, I've felt what you've felt, for many years.  We started dating in 95 and we were finally married in 2001!  

I don't really have much more advice than that.  Life goes quickly..... once it's your turn, you'll realize it was worth waiting until HE was ready!

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)